add-on to ip blocking

Hey 'MT16', i was wondering when you were going to see this :) I thought you might say about 'hostman' as I think you said it did that before. But I dont want to use it as 'buttons' i think said that hostman on vista/w7 has problems where it does not merge properly or it deletes the hostfile. 'Buttons' is keeping an eye out for me if it gets fixed as then i will probably get hostman then but thanks for the help and the imput's always appreciated :)

I have never thought of that. Sounds like an excellent feature.:) Would make any geeky parent happy if they could add their own block list to prevent there kids from accessing certain sites.:)

This would be great, so long that MBAM was able to be password protected so the kids would not undo what the parent did....

Have a look HERE

Heh, the image of GUFW is outdated.:)

@Haider

For this type of situation maybe privacyware.com/personal_firewall.html by Privacyware? It's free.:)

Windows 7, Vista 64 bit support

Windows 7, Vista 32 bit support

Zero-hour anti-virus protection

Zero-hour spyware protection

Zero-hour malware protection

Behavioral hacker protection

Personal Firewall

Website/IP filtering

Advanced Application Security

Basic Application Security

Process Security

Registry protection

System Anomaly Detection

Email Anomaly Detection

Hello Buttons:

Both of you probably didn't understand when I mentioned "If someone could explain what would be the purpose of firewall then?" It wasn't a query rather pointing to: Why we need this feature in MBAM when any good firewall will serve this purpose?

By the way I am using SonicWALL :)

Hi malware destroyer

As mountaintree16 says to use HostsMan as it is a HOSTS file Manager that can import and update several HOSTS files.

The application does not have to be updated frequently just the HOSTS files it supports.

As you are using CIS that is Comodo Internet Security I believe then you already have a good software firewall.

One of the sources of the HOSTS file is hpHosts that MysteryFCM constantly updates.

The only problem with it running on vista/w7 is that it can not autostart with Windows but has to be selected to Run as administrator after boot up.

Its companion HostsServer that is a browser speedup proxy can autostart with Windows though.

Hello Buttons:

Both of you probably didn't understand when I mentioned "If someone could explain what would be the purpose of firewall then?" It wasn't a query rather pointing to: Why we need this feature in MBAM when any good firewall will serve this purpose?

By the way I am using SonicWALL :)

I see. Well, I don't mind the feature in mbam so I can't complain.