Unremoved Malware

Attached is the log from a full scan. I believe this is the 3rd time I ran the full scan and rebooted to find that the malware was not removed. (I have 2 other logs for the same day.)

Ashamed to say that SAV was down for much of the time. It is operational now.

I do not know how to get rid of the malware.

Assistance is much appreciated.

Mbam_log_2010_09_13__20_19_59_.doc

According to the information provided in log, one or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan. This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information, and download and execute files.

You are strongly advised to do the following immediately.

1. Call your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and ask them to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.

2. From a clean computer, change ALL your online passwords -- for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, any online forums or groups.

3. Do NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passwords and transaction information.These trojans leave a backdoor open on the system that can allow a hacker total and complete access to your computer. (Remote access trojan) Hackers can operate your computer just as if they were sitting in front of it. Hackers can watch everything you are doing on the computer, play tricks, do screenshots, log passwords, start and stop programs.

* Take any other steps you think appropriate for an attempted identity theft.

You should also understand that once a system has been compromised by a Trojan backdoor, it can never really be trusted again unless you completely reformat the hard drives and reinstall Windows fresh. While we usually can successfully remove malware like this, we cannot guarantee that it is totally gone, and that your system is completely safe to use for future financial information and/or transactions. I would recommend that you do a full reformat and reinstall of Windows rather than clean the system.

I suggest that you backup important files and reinstall everything from scratch. There are so many changes that could have been done if that backdoor was used.

Here is some additional information:

What Is A Backdoor Trojan?

Danger: Remote Access Trojans

Consumers

Files Infected: 130

This is a major infection as stated by Maurice Naggar - If you require any further help please follow these instructions -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :)