Malwarebytes requested reboot

Malwarebytes requested a reboot on my Windows XP Home system after saying it was required to complete the process to remove spy-ware.

I can no long boot the system at all. I simply get the blue screen with I01_Initialization_failed.

I tried safe mode as well with the same problem.

It was fine (well, didn't do this) before running Malwarebytes.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Kerry

Hello Kerry1, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

Unfortunately sometimes the malware, once removed, can cause issues like this to happen. It is not the fault of Malwarebytes but rather the fault of the malware once its removed.

Did you try booting into last known good configuration just so that you could get to your desktop? Tap F8 repeatedly and then boot into last known good configuration when you have the menu of options (if you can get that far, that is).

Otherwise, please do the following:

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless it's been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Also, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button t_reply.gif located at the bottom of the page, as this makes the forum easier to read.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you :)

I'm glad that you were able to boot into last known good configuration :)

I can't help you any further than this though - please do go into the forum as I described above, someone should be able to help you. Most (but not all, unfortunately) things are fixable.

Good luck and I hope that you're able to resolve this :)

Hello Kerry1: :)

Sorry to hear that your system was infected, and during removal you got issues. Please read and follow the instructions in I'm infected - What do I do now? An Expert will assist you in removal process. Should you have any other question(s) please post back

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Delete: Reason mountaintree16 has already posted