Links between global warming and extreme weather get stronger

ShyWriter

I wonder why you start a new topic when you already have one on this?

Will the digital world be destroyed in 2012?

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=62140

Is it even slightly possible that the changes in global temperature are related to solar output and not CO2?

You mean like the sun is getting warmer slowly?? Going nova on a wing and a prayer the hard way? Well; it sure the heck was a hotter than normal summer. If that big mobious strip of an ocean current that goes north warm and comes back cold gets too messed up the ice age will start moving to the south.

Have you noticed that the normal Florida-gulf side hurricanes are drifting north on the east coast side and spinning back out to sea?? Weird, for sure.

~Shy

After having had time to sleep on it (I was zoned out last night; missed 50 minutes of one TV program - fell asleep in my chair with the TV in my office on and the wife thought I'd gone to see my maker - and as she tried to wake me up she wasn't even mumbling about how much more I was worth to her dead than alive. :)), I've decided I'm more worried about the massive sun-flare causing a horrific EMP than I am about global warming. I guess it's because I hope to still be alive in 2012 and don't want to be thrown back into the stone age whereas the global warming will be awhile coming and I'll be longgggggg gone. :)

~Shy

My thoughts exactly Steve. I cannot in good conscience get onboard with human caused global warming, or "climate change" as they have renamed it after being called on their questionable speculation which they labeled science. Or perhaps i am just po-ed that i am basically honest and not disingenuous enough to get big fat gov't grants :)

Wayne

Do you honestly believe we can continue to mess with Mother Nature at an ever accelerating rate and not upset delicate balances?

That's a good rationalization for living for today and to hell with future generations.

Any impact on the planet must be laid squarely at the feet of of where the money and power is, rooted in over population, mostly cities, as well as conspicuous consumption.

As to me having a "to hell with future generations" attitude, consider this.

I have been on this rock for 65 years. Having always been a rural dweller by choice and for at least 45 of those years growing the majority of my own food along with being a stalwart defender of restraint regarding consumption. My home's electrical consumption for example, augmented by a few solar panels (home built) averages 30 dollars per month year round, what is yours? I save rain water in tanks for gardening and manage my own sustainable woodlot. I have no feeling of guilt.

Chastise hypocrites like "Big Al Gore" and his lavish lifestyle or movie stars, not me.

I continue to believe that humans are responsible for a messy nest but not climate change. Science has been used and manipulated by those with an agenda.

Do you honestly believe we can continue to mess with Mother Nature at an ever accelerating rate and not upset delicate balances?

Mother Nature does a pretty good job of taking care of herself.. And will continue doing so.. Well... at least until Brazil cuts down that last acre of trees. :)

~Shy