Need help removing bad software from Registry

okstout4

Hello. I have a Dell Laptop Inspiron D600 and I had Belkin Wireless G Plus notebook card software installed on it. It worked just fine for a few months. One day my computer crashed and I had to take it in for repair. I noticed b4 I took it in that my network adapter light was not lit up. After my computer was repaired the adapter light still was not coming on, so I contacted Belkin. They suggested I reinstall the software via cd and it would not work. They suggested installing via their web site and that was a no go as well. Then I decided to remove the software from my computer and it will NOT allow me to remove it. I get an error message. Their response was for me to send the adapter back into them and they would send me a replacement. Belkin told me to remove the software from the registry. So this is what I need help w/as I don't know how to remove software from the registry. Please help.

The laptop is Windows XP and I use Firefox

Thanks!

I thought since this area was for PC Help and stated that if you need help that does not relate to Malware and the such you could get help here. I understood this area for help other than MBAM stuff.

I contacted Belkin (as stated in my post) they suggested removal from the Registry, but would not help me do it...said to contact Dell. I also contacted Dell and they could not help me.

Thanks anyways.

Could you please direct me to someone who could help me w/this? Dell will only allow me to call a 1-877# and pay for help that I dont have the money for. So basically I have a replacement product that I cannot even use due to Belkin software, which I strongly believe caused my computer to crash in the first place, which costs me money to have fixed!

First things first, we have to make sure that the hardware works first off. Belkin has offered to replace the card. Lets do that first. There may be nothing wrong with the software on your computer, it could be the Belkin card all by itself.

Once you get the card back come back and we can help with the rest.

Thank you for responding. I had contacted you in the 1st place because I got my new cards yesterday. :) I did contact Belkin and just got off the computer w/them. They helped me w/the install and it worked and I didnt have to mess w/the registry after all. Maybe the belkin rep I spoke w/before just didnt know what he was doing because this rep sent me a link that updated the belkin software and got me connected! Thanks so much for all your help...its appreciated.