AutoUpdate Not Updating Database Date

I have a corporate license for MalwareBytes installed on approximately 150 laptops in our office. All of which were remotely installed with a VB Script. I configured Auto Update to run daily via registry changes in the install VB Script, but set DownloadProgram to zero to limit bandwidth usage of 150 laptops updating at the same time. (Which changes each individual download from 4-5MB to 100-200KB.)

However, the Database Date doesn't change from the initial installation date unless a manual update is ran from the GUI.

Is this because I'm only downloading the definitions and not the entire program?

Is there a way to verify that the definitions are being updated? Log file, file date, etc?

If I reinstall MB (using proper method with mbam-clean) and manually set the same scheduled update and registry setting, it's the same scenario so I don't believe the remote install VB is causing any issues.