Adding Initial Default Update And Scan Times To Scheduler.

John Y.

Hi guys,

I recommended Malwarebytes to a friend. He loves the program as it has helped him keep his system clean from malware. When the software to 1.45, he noticed that the program was not updating and scanning his system on a timely basis. Since he is not that computer savvy, he asked me for help.

It turned out he didn't have any update or scan schedules setup. Once i setup those schedules, Malwarebytes updated itself and scanned normally from that point on. My friend now knows how to setup new schedules now if needed.

After seeing this issue. I was thinking that default schedules should be added to the next version so that what happened to my friend or other new users doesn't happen again. That way, updating and scanning will occur regardless if the user sets up a schedule(s) or not. :blink:

Thanks for great software. Keep up the great work guys!!

John

• Staff
Hi guys,

I recommended Malwarebytes to a friend. He loves the program as it has helped him keep his system clean from malware. When the software to 1.45, he noticed that the program was not updating and scanning his system on a timely basis. Since he is not that computer savvy, he asked me for help.

It turned out he didn't have any update or scan schedules setup. Once i setup those schedules, Malwarebytes updated itself and scanned normally from that point on. My friend now knows how to setup new schedules now if needed.

After seeing this issue. I was thinking that default schedules should be added to the next version so that what happened to my friend or other new users doesn't happen again. That way, updating and scanning will occur regardless if the user sets up a schedule(s) or not. :blink:

Thanks for great software. Keep up the great work guys!!

John

I'm pretty sure this is making it into v1.47, but not 100% sure of it.

Guest garybear

Hi! I also discovered I had to schedule updates, and posted topic. Iwas answered by members. You posted on my topic and mentioned Real time. Could you please explain what this is and how you use it. Thank you!! Garybear

Real time would be my recommendation.