Scheduling a scan

Thanks Firefox, I have a fully registered copy if 1.46 and the screens displayed only allow me to set the date and time from which the scheduling starts. This seems a bit redundant anyway, as it could hardly start before the day/time it is being set up.

So can I not tell it what time day I want the scan to run each day? And if I can't tell it what time to run then how do I know what time of day it WILL run? Seems to me to be a basic sort of requirement for any schedule...

Mystified,

Bob

Bob, AFAIK you have to delete the existing scheduled scan and then you can add a new one at the time you prefer it to run. You can do so by opening the MBAM icon on your desktop, click the "protection" tab and then on the "scheduler" tab.

post-2252-1283874432_thumb.jpg

Hope this has been of help.

Hi Mona

Thanks very much for that, but I'm happy with the knowledge of how to create and deleted schedules. What I can't see how to do is to stipulate what time of day it will do it's scan.

For instance, let's say I wanted it to do a scheduled scan every day at 2:00am , when I'm safely tucked up in bed. To set this schedule up I sit down at the PC at 3:30pm this afternoon, when I'm still up and running.

The scheduler will set the time of the daily scan at the current time, i.e. 3:30pm and I don't have any choice in the matter. I can't see how to change the daily time to run at 2:00 am. The only way I can see to run a daily scan at 2:00am is to stay up until 2:00am in the morning and create the schedule then.

Surely the obviously clever techies at Malwarebytes wouldn't have forced this onto their users?

Still puzzled...

Bob