ShyWriter

Will the digital world be destroyed in 2012?

kZXHE.jpg

Will the digital world be destroyed in 2012?

By David Gewirtz | September 1, 2010, 7:05am PDT

Summary

2012. The end of the world.

Or, maybe, the end of electronics.

Or, maybe not. Maybe it

Well, that is a step to the Roots, only printed Books.

Over 500 Years, we are living this Books, or other Ways to bring us knowledge around the World, and us.

The Internet, or the world wide waiting, is a other method to bring us information, this a "modern" Way with the WWW.

MAM

Read "The Maya Codex" (or at least Google it) - A novel , but , based entirely on fact - We may not make it to 2013 - (Pencil in December 21, 2012) -

The Mayans predicted years go (and I mean Many years ago) of a black hole that will line up the Earth and the Sun to the EXACT TIME -

NASA has only just now been able to confirm this (with all of their monster computing reserves) that their date and time is 100% correct -

The Mayans had a stick and a circle (or did someone else tell them :blink: ????) -

...mm...Ok, guys, gently put the whisky bottle down and carefully step away from it. Now go and lie down and have a sleep for a few hours. :blink:

When you're awake I'll make you a nice strong coffee just the way you like it and you'll feel ever so much better when it's all over. :blink:

The Mayans knew about the date because they were astronomers. They tracked the path of stars and planets in the sky for generations and were able to make many accurate calculations of orbits and astronomical events based on that collected data, the same way that modern astronomers do today. The Mayan calendar, also known as the Long Count Calendar is the result of these predictions and the longest cycle it calculates, known as the Long Count, just happens to end (and then start a new Long Count) on the date December 21, 2012 :blink:.

Similar counts and cycles have been observed in other astronomical systems throughout the world in pretty much every culture that had/has astronomy/astrology in which they track the movements of stars, the sun, the moon and planets through the sky.

Maybe it's the end of the world, or maybe it's just another normal astronomical event like the passing of a comet or a solar eclipse. I guess we'll see in 2012, but I'm not holding my breath for the apocalypse to begin :blink:.

I guess we'll see in 2012, but I'm not holding my breath for the apocalypse to begin :blink:.

You need to see Apocalypse Now

Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXVGQnJm0w

post-100-1283891859_thumb.jpg

@exile360

I'm an astronomer! well actually my hobby is... but i dont believe that. if we live by 2013, i am right. if i am wrong, i wont be alive during 2013. :blink:

this thing isnt %100 percent true. i dont think that it will even happen. so what do u guys think? will we live by 2013? :blink:

there will be a fix :blink: we made it thru Y2K 99-2000 we made it into 2010. :blink: 2013 the IRS will want everyones returns, theres the fix :P

Malwarebytes will have to update their definitions to fix it. hehe

Soylent Green is people!

One of my all time 1973 fav movies - Charlton Heston as the "future cop" ,also Edward G. Robinson , Leigh Taylor-Young , Chuck Connors , Joseph Cotten -

I still don't think I could afford those strawberries - :blink:

By the way, the indications in Mayan prophecy of the alignment with a "black hole" (not actually what they called it) was not an indication that they somehow knew about the supermassive black hole recently discovered at the center of our own galaxy (visible only by radio telescopes, as black holes cannot be seen visually). It was because they could see the band of stars that everyone can still see in the night sky (as long as you're somewhere that doesn't have too much light pollution), a thick cluster that looks like a strip, that has a dark spot in the center, which happens to coincide with the general central region of our galaxy where the black hole is believed to be located, and thus is somewhat synchronous with the location of the black hole.

I don't think anything earth-shattering is going to happen in 2012, current economic crisis aside, which I'm certain is completely unrelated to solar flares, sunspots or black holes, and a lot more to do with governments, banks and corporations and the patterns of investors. After all, I don't thing the Great Depression had any prophetic signs in Mayan prophecy :blink:.

so does this basically mean that the sun and earth will be lined up with the black hole and the black hole will pull the sun and then the flares will touch eartch and we will be doomed? ( lol i am just joking about the bad explanation and stupid understanding) nahh, the black hole is to far, and some scientist say that there is a black hole at the center of most galaxies.

milky-way-earth-location.jpg

By the way, the indications in Mayan prophecy of the alignment with a "black hole" (not actually what they called it)

They did not even have telescopes etc. by the time they "left" in 800-835 AD -

We coined the phrase Black Hole years later -

You seem to have studied some of the same material that I have - :)

so does this basically mean that the sun and earth will be lined up with the black hole and the black hole will pull the sun and then the flares will touch eartch and we will be doomed? ( lol i am just joking about the bad explanation and stupid understanding) nahh, the black hole is to far, and some scientist say that there is a black hole at the center of most galaxies.

Yes, they will line up, and that's what the believers in the 2012 phenomena think, that it will increase the level of gravity pulling outward on the Sun's surface causing a dramatic increase in solar flares aimed at the Earth. I'm with you though, I think the distance is far too great to affect it, otherwise it likely already would be (something there's no evidence of).

And yes, astronomers have observed the apparent presence of black holes at the center of most known galaxies so it appears to be a common component in galactic structures.

Well this is all above my head, as I have not studied any of it.....

could we just not find a huge astroid or rock, and throw it into the black hole and plug it?.... LOL

No damned sun is going to hurt my computer.

One other chance alluded to is that the Earth may be shifted off it's current axis / \ -

This would cause a melt down of all Polar caps (as we know them) - The sudden shift will cause a new equatorial region -

Depending on the amount of shift , any area currently less than about 200 Ft above sea level (as we know it) will be under water -

The new polar caps would take too long to reform , therefore there would not be any ice regions remaining -

HA - HA - HA - Sounds like fun - Except for those who escape to Mars or a similar area -

The icecaps are in the process of melting anyway, as they should be since they're just leftovers of the last ice age which ended about 8-10 thousand years ago :).

That is the rate of melting that I prefer - 8 thousand years is a nice slow rate -

I would hate to see it done in a few months - :)

EDIT -

This is one of our better chat subjects for some time - I like it -

Thanks Shy for the topic :)

That is the rate of melting that I prefer - 8 thousand years is a nice slow rate -

I would hate to see it done in a few months - :P

The rate of melting will naturally accellerate over time for several reasons, less ice means more dark ocean to absorb heat from sunlight instead of bright white ice to reflect it and as the water that resides below the ice warms, it melts the ice from below, combined with the heat from above in the form of air and sunlight, and since heat rises, well, you can see where this is going.

Believe it or not, dramatic climate change and climatic instability is actually the norm for this planet, and always has been as far as we can tell from analysing everything from ice cores, rocks/fossils and tree rings and everything else that gives us any sort of long-term view of environmental history.

There also just so happens to be a repetitive pattern of ice ages, then warming/melting periods, then hot periods followed by ice ages. I don't think the 2012 event has any bearing on our planets future climate any more than the simple passage of time. We may have gotten used to the stability we've enjoyed for the past several decades, but even in the past few hundred years there have been several climatic events that were borderline cataclysmic in nature, all of which pre-dated the Industrial Revolution so pollution/human intervention can't be blamed for it.

The rate of melting will naturally accellerate over time for several reasons, less ice means more dark ocean to absorb heat from sunlight instead of bright white ice to reflect it and as the water that resides below the ice warms, it melts the ice from below, combined with the heat from above in the form of air and sunlight, and since heat rises, well, you can see where this is going.

Believe it or not, dramatic climate change and climatic instability is actually the norm for this planet, and always has been as far as we can tell from analysing everything from ice cores, rocks/fossils and tree rings and everything else that gives us any sort of long-term view of environmental history.

There also just so happens to be a repetitive pattern of ice ages, then warming/melting periods, then hot periods followed by ice ages. I don't think the 2012 event has any bearing on our planets future climate any more than the simple passage of time. We may have gotten used to the stability we've enjoyed for the past several decades, but even in the past few hundred years there have been several climatic events that were borderline cataclysmic in nature, all of which pre-dated the Industrial Revolution so pollution/human intervention can't be blamed for it.

Refreshing to hear from someone who does not do hysteria but instead common sense ;)

all of which pre-dated the Industrial Revolution so pollution/human intervention can't be blamed for it.

Agree 100% on that point - "Carbon Based Pollution" has had a small effect on our 'basic/percieved' climate change -

But I do not agree with those who blame it fully on our changes - It has been proven (sorry I do not have a link handy) that the jungles caused much of the early pollution , due simply to rotting vegetation and natural fires started by lightning and other causes - The temperature at the botton of a patch of rotting vegetation over many years can in itself cause forest fires without any outside help -

As it has been many years since a known 'large' comet or other piece of space rock hit Earth we cannot know the full results of these effects also -

But why did the Mayans , and others , agree on the December date that is listed ?? As astronomers that only observed the planets (from ground level) figure out the many possible chances of the one date ?? Here-in lies the unknown factors of their prophecies -

As to the missing links of their society after the years 800-850 , was it due to over population , transportation , disease ?? All still unsolved -

Recent discoveries have also found that they traded with Asians and Africans (from relics) who had maps of the areas - ;)

One day we shall find out , the only question is WHEN ------------------- ;)

Refreshing to hear from someone who does not do hysteria but instead common sense

I do not have hysteria - Merely citing discoveries and history that exile will 'generally' agree with - ;)

P.S. - I love an Off Topic discussion at times - They are stimulating -

EDIT -

For others reading this item , there is no intent to scare or actually predict any forth coming events -

This is merely an Off Topic discussion that several people may find interesting -