Router question

chimpy

Can someone else access my router, that is through the url 192. etc? I had a few "Administrator login failure" in the logs, when I had not tried to access them, then I noticed that I was getting the Firefox "can't access web page" on a refresh for a few mins and then I checked my logs again and I got the same "Administrator login failure" at the time I was refreshing, and I got that Firefox screen quite a few times tonight. I changed the password and network key but still I had had the "Administrator login failure" on a refresh, I have scanned with MBAM and it was clean, I use Sandboxie 90% of the time so I am confused as to why this happened. Plus it happened at between 1am and 7am.

Thanks

Thanks here is what it say's I did it while non sandboxed

File Sharing

" Attempting connection to your computer. . .

Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!

One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet."

Common ports

"Solicited TCP Packets: PASSED

Leaktest failed, my windows firewall didn't ask even ask me, even though I know I have that option ticked... :) Unless thats down to me using a limited account? But even then it should have at least stopped it. I would get another firewall but config is not my strange point and vistas firewall is supposed to be ok. I can't say I know entirely what the other's do so I think I will just leave them for now and keep a eye on the situation, thanks for your help :)

Edit

How to I remove leaktest? I see it in all programs but its not under add/remove and Revo doesn't show it.

I am getting them every 25 minutes, to the second.

Mon, 2010-09-06 22:35:40 - Administrator login failure - IP:192xxxxxx

Mon, 2010-09-06 23:00:40 - Administrator login failure - IP:192xxxxxx

Mon, 2010-09-06 23:25:40 - Administrator login failure - IP:192xxxxxx

Mon, 2010-09-06 23:50:40 - Administrator login failure - IP:192xxxxxx

Tue, 2010-09-07 00:15:40 - Administrator login failure apart from the last one here which is me logging in.

This is odd and I have no idea what it means, anyone have a idea? I have reset it, changed passwords, and yet it still is happening, is something on my PC trying to access it?

Routers come with my ISP. Unless I go buy my own. and they break (on me, I'm on my 3rd in 3yrs.) Did you run any programs? I would write down your password, reset the router. Post the make & model of the router. So we can see the FAQ's & DOC's on it. if needed.... If its going on all the time! Start a new post asking for HELP in this or the General forum...

Thanks Yardbird, I have reset and its still the same, its a Netgear DG934 and the IP that is trying to access it is mine I think, 192. one is the same number you put in the url bar (apart from the last two digits are 02 and not 01), so why is and what is trying to access it on my PC is now the question :blink:

Just a thought....

Do you think there may be a rootkit on your computer that is trying to hijack your DNS settings in the router. Since you have a password on it the rootkit may not be able to login to it with the default user name and password so maybe that is why you are getting the login attempts failed.

I use Wifi.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]

Copyright © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\panda>ping www.yahoo.com

Pinging eu-fp.wa1.b.yahoo.com [87.248.122.122] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 87.248.122.122: bytes=32 time=61ms TTL=54

Reply from 87.248.122.122: bytes=32 time=60ms TTL=54

Reply from 87.248.122.122: bytes=32 time=61ms TTL=54

Reply from 87.248.122.122: bytes=32 time=59ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 87.248.122.122:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 59ms, Maximum = 61ms, Average = 60ms

Thats the ping, but does this explain why my PC is independently trying to access my router?

Can anyone explain this then?

I noticed it on my HJT log (I am clean) but...

O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe Googling that entry gets a few reds on the WOT scale. I have looked at the file and it seem to be about a label printer? apart from msvcr70.dll which seems to be Microsofts runtime library, if thats the case isn't that in the wrong place?