Malwarebytes Forum > 43,000 Member Milestone

ShyWriter

Cool. Does that not include banned members and members of other rankings? The reason I ask this is because I am member number 43,483.

That is indeed a good question. For the number to be lower than yours, all the banned, etc, must be excluded. AdvancedSetup would probably know. I took the screenshot at approximately 1245 hrs Eastern today - When it says registered users, I take it to mean, at a minimum, those with posting privileges. A banned user would have none. You have me at a loss for a reasonable explanation on any insight of the forums technical workings that aren't in the help files. I'm just a regular peon with no status or official function.. :)

~Shy

Cool. Does that not include banned members and members of other rankings? The reason I ask this is because I am member number 43,483.

I did further checks and, for instance, the newest user, Kiyoshi, shows up as Registered User # 43,137 but has an actual user profile of user # 51,359. My conclusion is that the user profile # is absolute; i.e.; Started with #1 ADMIN and just keeps adding one to the total as each user registers. The main page showing 43,137 Registered Users is based on the number of actual, POSTING-CAPABLE, users which excludes deleted, banned, suspended and dead users.

~Shy

I did further checks and, for instance, the newest user, Kiyoshi, shows up as Registered User # 43,137 but has an actual user profile of user # 51,359. My conclusion is that the user profile # is absolute; i.e.; Started with #1 ADMIN and just keeps adding one to the total as each user registers. The main page showing 43,137 Registered Users is based on the number of actual, POSTING-CAPABLE, users which excludes deleted, banned, suspended and dead users.

~Shy

Thanks for checking. It seems that our theories were correct.

:)

Thanks for checking. It seems that our theories were correct.

:)

Ah; the pleasure was mine Michael. *grin* I tell you this Board has some weird workings to it and only half of the stuff in the HELP file has been enabled. I finally figured out the reason banned users were left on the Board - which is quite obvious and shows how dim my bulb really is - leaving the name in play but banned keeps the person who, if deleted as well, from using the same name over again. (I think I mixed tenses in that sentence but you get my drift?)

~Shy