Cannot Run Malwarebytes set-up: "... is not a valid Win32 application"

Juliette

I just bought a new HP laptop with Windows 7 (64 bit). Things were acting a bit weird, so I downloaded the mbam-setup-1.46.exe and tried to run it, but when I do I get the following error: "mbam-setup-1.46.exe is not a valid Win32 application". The same thing happened when I tried to run the set-up file for Super Anti-SpyWare.

Hello Juliette, ;)

If the laptop mentioned in the below topic is the same one as you mentioned above, please follow the posted instruction from the expert helper Gammo and reply in that topic:

Nasty Trojan- Can't Run Any .exe Files

PS

1. Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button at bottom of forum window instead of other ones when you start replying. It makes the whole topic easier to read. :)

2. For other members who have similar issue and need someone to assist you, please click the button t_new.gif below and post your problem as a new topic so that we can concentrate on your issue easier. Thanks :)

Actually, it's a different laptop. I was able to send the previous one back and received this one today. That advice wouldn't have been useful anyway, considering the whole point of that post was how I could NOT run any .exe files.

And just my luck, it looks like the replacement they sent me (the one I'm talking about in this thread) was not actually new. When I called HP and gave them the serial number, it had 282 days left on the warranty.

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Someone will work with you one on one to assist you in that forum.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org