MBAM Pro and MSE

Okay so you shouldn't have any problems between MSE and Mbam then, BUT, it doesn't hurt to add exclusions anway ;)

I was asking about your OS because XP has known issues running MSE and realtime Mbam, but it's very rare on Vista/7.

Here's the link to add exclusions:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=181018

You're quite welcome!

You could just stick with the one that came with it in Windows.

However, if you are interested, and are somewhat of an advanced user, this program is definitely worth checking out, and if I had Vista or 7, I would be using it myself ;)

http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html

Hey all,

I have the paid version of MBAM cuz its awesome, but just got rid of the avast free version as MSE gives better protection and is more streamlined imo. I just wanted to know if there are any known conflicts between MBAM Pro and MSE.

Thanks in advance! :)

Where did you get the information that mse was better than avast, version 5.0.594 has better detection rates ,equal on the false positive's, faster scanning speed, faster updating, alot lighter on system resources ( 5 to 8 meg of memory compaired to 40 meg with mse) alot more configeration ability and a help forum that is all to willing to solve any problems in a flash which you wont get with microsoft. You just took a big step in the wrong direction imo, but you can only learn if you try i suppose ;)

Where did you get the information that mse was better than avast, version 5.0.594 has better detection rates ,equal on the false positive's, faster scanning speed, faster updating, alot lighter on system resources ( 5 to 8 meg of memory compaired to 40 meg with mse) alot more configeration ability and a help forum that is all to willing to solve any problems in a flash which you wont get with microsoft. You just took a big step in the wrong direction imo, but you can only learn if you try i suppose ;)

Everyone has there own preferences. No need to put them down. :)

@Jagst3r15

If you haven't add the exclusion you really should. Conflicts can still happen with an operating system/software. I've seen them happen, all though sometimes rare based on the issue and operating system. They still can. However, it's up to you.:)

Okay so you shouldn't have any problems between MSE and Mbam then, BUT, it doesn't hurt to add exclusions anway ;)

I was asking about your OS because XP has known issues running MSE and realtime Mbam, but it's very rare on Vista/7.

FYI: I recently reinstalled MSE on my Windows 7 Pro x64 computer and the moment it finished updating, and it's protection activated, Windows froze. I restarted Windows in Safe Mode to add exclusions, but you should be able to do it without needing Safe Mode on Windows 7 due to the Delayed Start setting for our protection module on Windows 7 and Vista. :)

Also note that adding exclusions to MSE solved all issues, so that is still the best course of action (and the only one that I am aware of that will resolve the compatibility issues).

You been reading AV-Comparatives? Those online anti-virus comparison sites are a crock. Don't believe what they tell you.

Edit: Please note that I hold avast! in the highest respect (I used their anti-virus for many years and it was always one of my favorites), and that my only issue here is the worthlessness of websites like AV-Comparatives. :)

You been reading AV-Comparatives? Those online anti-virus comparison sites are a crock. Don't believe what they tell you.

I agree that AV comparatives can be a crock, after reading your information and other information that I've read on the subject.

If you want real and reliable tests, you need to have the av installed then download/install the malware. There is no benefit of having the malware in a folder. As they are probably not live, difficult to remove and easily found. The only thing being done is giving an instant grade rather then realistic tests and seeing the full potential of the av/malware.

I added the exclusions, everything is working great. I don't go looking for viruses, so I think that MSE w/ MBAM Pro is more than fine. I love MSEs interface and I feel its alot more user friendly than avast. Also, MSE is essentially a full version although it is free, whereas avast seems more like a free trial. It's just preference I guess.

Everyone has their preferences true enough. But, there is a difference between stating a preference as opposed to stating untrue facts. MSE provides nowhere near the protection that Avast does. Don't read the av comparatives.. Read user reviews from actual users.

I agree that AV comparatives can be a crock, after reading your information and other information that I've read on the subject.
I would'nt have a clue what av comparative's say, iv actually tested these av's and many more so i have first hand experience on there can do and not capabilitiy's.

Everyone has their preferences true enough. But, there is a difference between stating a preference as opposed to stating untrue facts. MSE provides nowhere near the protection that Avast does. Don't read the av comparatives.. Read user reviews from actual users.

I use the latest avast! V5.0.668 that has just become available on my systems and it works great:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=63151.0

FYI: I recently reinstalled MSE on my Windows 7 Pro x64 computer and the moment it finished updating, and it's protection activated, Windows froze. I restarted Windows in Safe Mode to add exclusions, but you should be able to do it without needing Safe Mode on Windows 7 due to the Delayed Start setting for our protection module on Windows 7 and Vista. ;)

Also note that adding exclusions to MSE solved all issues, so that is still the best course of action (and the only one that I am aware of that will resolve the compatibility issues).

Thanks for this info GT500, I will keep it in mind next time I help someone with this :)

@mountaintree

You said earlier

XP has known issues running MSE and realtime Mbam

Please privde more detail if possible.

I have MSE & MBAM (real-time) running on a notebook with XP Pro, sys with 384 MB RAM.

I "had" until just recently experienced a whole lot of sluggishness and very slow repsonse during latter part of August.

But those I believe were due to having opted into Microsoft Update instead of Windows Update.

Once I reverted back to Windows Update the issues went away.

It did not have to do with running MSE & MBAM together.

There are a raft of posts on MS social forums about sluggish systems and the current opinion is that it affects (mainly but not always) systems with low physical RAM (say 512 MB or less) and seemingly XP systems.

Mind you I read a post that reported the sluggishness on a Vista system.

Just curious to find out the particular parameters you notice.

Are there any brave (stupid) souls out there who, like myself, don't need no stinkin' antivirus (as opposed to anti-malware) software?

I did until my outdated version of Java caught up to me. ;)

Now I keep MSE installed just to be on the safe side. :)

Just curious to find out the particular parameters you notice.

Normally MSE and MBAM both running their real-time protection at the same time on Windows XP cause the entire system to freeze. When they don't, you will usually see random performance issues and temporary/momentary freezing of the GUI. Adding exclusions to MSE (as I described in the FAQ article) solves this issue.