.NETFRAME WORK 1.1

Hey there malware destroyer,

When I get home (it'll be a couple hours) I'll have a .net framework cleanup utility that you can unzip and run... unfortunately I don't have the link handy right now :)

As far as I know, XP comes with 1.1 and I believe that it is needed.

Does .net framework 1.1 show in Add/Remove Programs at all?

Do you know if shes infected at all before we proceed with the cleanup tool?

Hi mountaintree16

she was with an infected userinit.exe but i sorted that with combofix and ages ago mbam removed adware.mysearchs and i cant remember if it does show in add/remove programs will have to have alook later today if mum will let me on here computer also its 01:24 am here so me mums asleep right now but i will and try to get alook . can you tell me what the netframe work is for thanks mountaintree16 for your help

Hi Malware Destroyer,

Okay so are you certain that her computer is totally clean now? If not, you should visit the malware removal forum.

If you are sure that the machine is clean, I'll post the link and directions for the cleanup tool and a link to re-download .net framework 1.1 for you in a couple hours.

I myself do not fully understand what .net framework is for but please check out this Wikipedia article and then when you download 1.1 again the download page from Microsoft will have more information :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework

I'll post back in a couple hours with the download link & directions :)

im pretty sure as her AV which is KIS has not come up with any thing and thanks for this mountaintree16 also i mite run like dr.web cureIt and SAS if i get a chance just to double check and a few other tools but like i said im pretty sure and once again thank you

You're welcome :)

Kaspersky is a great protection choice :)

Only run Dr. Web if you are certain what you are doing; it can be a powerful tool.

You're welcome :) I just wanted to make sure before we went forward because if the computer was infected that would need to be taken care of before this.

I've uninstalled, run the clean-up tool, and then re-installed .net framework a few times now, so I am pretty sure that this should work for you :)

yeah i know how to use dr.web and thanks and i could have KIS on my laptop is well but latley i feel like its gone down hill alittle bit just getting to many FP's and bogs down a system but as i get free lisenses i will maybe install it on my lappy if they sort out some things that i dont like and things they need to add then i will have it then and once again thank you

Would you please use some punctuation in your replies? It's harder to read long run on sentences than it is sentences with punctuation. Thanks. :)

That's good that you know how to use it :) I really like Kaspersky personally. We all have our preferences though of course. Yeah, FP's happen unfortunately but they can and will happen with all security products, the question is how do we as users handle them and how does the company handle them, and hopefully they are few and far between.

Me I have my Kaspersky set to prompt ME so it asks ME what I want to do when something is detected or found. The main reason for this is in case of FP's, plus I like to be in control of what my security programs are doing.

You're quite welcome!

sorry about that mountaintree16.I know i have crap punctuation but if people like you keep reminding me when you come across my posts im sure i will get better in time :) and thanks Ron for that article.mountaintree16 yeah you are right we do all have preferences indeed, if we didn the world would be abit boring

Why thank you very much Ron, that's exactly what I was looking for. :) (I have it bookmarked on my IE but I didn't have the link with me).

Malware Destroyer, please check out that link that AdvancedSetup posted.

The actual tool is on this link here (linked from the link that AdvancedSetup posted):

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2...28/8904493.aspx , under Download Location.

• Download the tool from one of the two sources (I usually choose the second one), and save it to your desktop.
  • Then please download a fresh copy of .Net framwork 1.1 from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Check Add/Remove Programs for .Net framework 1.1.
  • If it is there (and it should definitely show if its installed), please remove it. If the computer asks you to re-start, please do so.
  • Then unzip the removal tool's folder, then run the cleanup tool. Allow it to finish. Restart the computer if it asks you to.
  • Then double-click on the dotnetfx.exe file that you downloaded earlier. If it asks you to re-start, please do so.

See how the computer is behaving now in regards to the message it was getting. :)

Oh and hey Malware Destroyer, one last thing I forgot (it's been a long day), when you are finished, please open up Internet Explorer and manually check for updates. There will be at least one update for .net framework 1.1, there may be two. Keep checking and installing until you are done getting the updates. If it asks you to restart, please do so right away :)

The .Net Framework is a whole topic on it's own. Mostly it's for supporting programs designed with Microsoft tools like Visual Studio and SQL databases. Now if you program with Microsoft products and use SQL, this is the whole environment. SQL and Visual Studio are just front ends or tools for faster development.

Edit: Correction, net shows under add/remove programs.

not yet mountaintree16. For some reason me mum did a system restore dont ask me why as i have no clue. But at some point i bet she while have to end up doing this this so could you keep the links bookmarked in your browser for me as then when time comes i can just pm to ask for the links if thats okay with you ?