Tracerouting: data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Tracing route to gs1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net [68.232.45.133]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms SpeedTouch.vic.bigpond.net.au [10.0.0.138]

2 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms 172.18.113.65

3 12 ms 10 ms 11 ms 172.18.74.2

4 12 ms 12 ms 11 ms 172.18.243.137

5 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms TenGigabitEthernet7-2.pie2.Perth.telstra.net [203.45.22.33]

6 14 ms 13 ms 13 ms TenGigabitEthernet9-2.wel19.Perth.telstra.net [203.50.115.29]

7 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms aaptli1.lnk.telstra.net [203.45.53.58]

8 68 ms 67 ms 69 ms te2-4.pstmadist02.aapt.net.au [202.10.14.20]

9 69 ms 67 ms 67 ms te0-3-1-0.pgroscore01.aapt.net.au [202.10.12.33]

10 67 ms 67 ms 67 ms gi0-0-0-1.mflincore01.aapt.net.au [202.10.10.84]

11 69 ms 67 ms 67 ms te0-0-4-0.sglebcore01.aapt.net.au [202.10.10.72]

12 67 ms 69 ms 67 ms te2-2.sclardist02.aapt.net.au [202.10.12.4]

13 67 ms 67 ms 65 ms te3-1.sclarbrdr01.aapt.net.au [202.10.14.5]

14 67 ms 67 ms 67 ms 110.232.179.17

15 67 ms 67 ms 65 ms 68.232.45.133

Trace complete.

DNS Info

Server: SpeedTouch.vic.bigpond.net.au

Address: 10.0.0.138

Name: gs1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net

Address: 68.232.45.133

Aliases: data-cdn.mbamupdates.com, wpc.1d00.edgecastcdn.net

============================================================

Phase #2

Tracerouting: llnw.data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Tracing route to mwbyte.vo.llnwd.net [117.121.253.254]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

------------

mbam.exe 4788 TCP Peter 2649 localhost 1110 ESTABLISHED

Hi PeterO -

I take it that you are in WA and trying to link from there - I am in Vic and updated 1 hour ago without problems -

Do you know what router you are using , and is it Big Pond wireless or Ethernet -

whenever I try to update mbam I get "MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007,0, WinHttpSendRequest)

Is this the message (above) ?? Or is it 732 (0, 0).

Thanks -

EDIT -

Update version 4533 has just been upped to Version 4534 in the last 1/2 hour --

And from one newb to another I'm probably not posting correctly myself, and how do you paste screenshots in here? Or can you? I wanted to show my router info. Do I just upload it as an attachment?

Howdy--not sure about the screen shot, on my other machine I can do it with CTRL + Print Screen. But here I just copy text into Notepad first and then repaste...

am going to try Firefox's new instructions and I'll keep you guys posted.

Hi pavane -

Just use the Un/Re Install program for this error message - - 732(0,0) - It is just an old version that needs cleaning and reinstalling -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your

Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - ;)

EDIT -

pavane you do not need a screen shot if it is just an error number or message usually - They are generic M/soft or Malwarebytes items as a rule -

whenever I try to update mbam I get "MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007,0, WinHttpSendRequest)

Yes that is the error I get

I am running a Speedtouch 530

Hi pavane -

Just use the Un/Re Install program for this error message - - 732(0,0) - It is just an old version that needs cleaning and reinstalling -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your

Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - ;)

EDIT -

pavane you do not need a screen shot if it is just an error number or message usually - They are generic M/soft or Malwarebytes items as a rule -

http://www.speedtouch.net.nz/st530.htm Check this site to make sure your ethernet modem is set up correctly first -

As you connect to the Internet through a router, then I would highly recommend that you reset it to it's factory default settings by holding the 'Reset' button on the back of the router until the power light starts blinking. This will clear all of the settings, including DNS settings, and reset them to the factory defaults, which should resolve the issue.

If you need to reset the unit , open Internet Explorer > Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar > Enter , and follow the prompts

Always post back if you have more problems -

Always use the ADD REPLY or FAST REPLY Tabs to respond -

same thing

computer does not have a problem

your link does

i have tried this link on 5 different computers at 3 different houses

its the link

there is a problem with it

ive tried on internet explorer(ew) also

so unless all 5 of those unconnected unrelated computers all have the same problem you are wrong

please we need manual update

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

and no files were transferred between computers either

firefox are you viewing some offline copy??? of the site

i dunno dude ive tried different browsers

different computers

DIFFERENT HOUSES AND NEIGHBORHOODS

i dont get it man

how the hell are you getting to this manual update site

and if you can

please for the love of god man

upload it somewhere else

malwarebytes is letting me down hardcore and i just dont get it please help

again EVERY SITE WORKS BUT YOURS

@ sleepyrz The instructions below are for updating the database Manually.... the like works fine from all the locations I surf the net here in the USA where I am at..... What is your location? Maybe they have a DNS issue there..... also if you can not download the manual update, then follow the instructions for coping the rules file from one computer to another which is also listed below.

Manual Update of Definition Database

If you cannot update the database to the latest version within the MBAM window, you may follow the instructions below and update it manually:

ISSUE: I need to get the latest database onto a computer that cannot access the Internet.

SOLUTION: You can manually copy the database from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the infected PC. Our database file is stored in the following locations.

• Windows XP and 2000
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

You can also download a manual update from HERE -

***NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program.

**NOTE: Please note though that this should be a last resort and if at all possible you should attempt to download updates from within the program.

Once the system is clean and stable again you should update again from within the program.