Need Help with Fake Security Alerts

Barrackade

Please read whole post and thanks for help in advance.

I know this forum is not for Hijack This.log, and I apologize if my problem falls under that category as I am frankly confused as to what my problem is caused by.

OK so, I was on the web when I received an alert from Windows Security ( I run Windows XP service pack 3, the problem started while I was running service pack 2 though I'm not sure if that makes a difference). The alert informed me of a trojan and provided a link to download PC- Antispy, which I did download but didn't pay for luckily. I later looked up PC-Antispy on Google to find out ( from this forum in particular) that it was rogue software, after which I looked up looked up legitimate malware removal programs and downloaded them.

Anyways, I am running Malwarebytes anti-malware (registered), Spy Hunter 3(registered), Rogue Remover Pro (30 day trial) and AVG Free 2008, all of which tell me that I have no malware or virus detected on my computer, however I keep getting the fake security alerts from windows which is my problem.

SO pretty much I am wondering what is causing these fake alerts and how do I go about removing it?

Thanks again in advance for helping out.

• Root Admin

Hello Barrackade and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Yes, there is probably still something on or wrong with your system and you should follow the instructions here: Pre- HJT Post Instructions

Then post the requested information here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

These Malware programs change quite often and it can be quite difficult to catch everything automatically that's why we have a support forum to assist you in removing Malware that may not be initially caught by the program.

As asked please follow the directions linked to in the first link exactly as requested and in that order as the order of the steps followed is important to help us help you.

Thanks.