Runtime error 0 and antivirmars.com

Last night I was at my parents house with my family and clicked on my Dad's comp and within 15 minutes was hit with the antivirmars.com virus/trojan. Needless to say he is extremely irritated especially with it happening because he uses it for work only and my kids were playing on my laptop when it happened. I have got to do damage control and get this thing fixed ASAP. He uses it every couple hours when he's inside to check on business. I'm screwing up his program and he isn't happy. He's knows how to check his e-mail and simple things, but right now he thinks his computer is fried/ruined and I've tried to convince him I can fix it with little luck.

Tried installing this program and while it downloads and finishes the virus won't allow you to pull the program up along with any others. Tried running it in Safe Mode and I get hit with the runtime error 0 message. I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled several times with no luck along with several other similar programs. They will all download, but when you go to pull them up they won't work saying "whatever program it is.exe" is infected and can not be pulled up. In safe mode every program that is supposed to kill it will not load properly, nor can you access the internet in Safe Mode because the broadband card will not connect. That is also the only internet access available here. The only way you can get online is to use the broadband card on another user account and then click back over on to the administrator. The account that is affected is the Administrator account and the others are fine except they say that "IE can't be displayed like it's a connection problem." It is popping up 4 different types of "your computer is at risk" pop-ups 5-8 times a minute. You couldn't even keep up with closing them if you tried. You can also only open about 3 webpages before the program takes over IE saying "the webpage is dangerous." It won't display anything other than that message trying to get you to click on the BS spyware program.

I've come across several sites showing exactly how to delete it by using the registry edit, but I can't find any of the associate files it lists to delete first under %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ {random}\ and I'm very nervous about messing with the registry as I am not real confident in my ability to fix it without possibly frying the whole computer. I've never had a problem like this that I couldn't fix, but this one has me stumped and I'm feeling pretty dumb for screwing up my dad's work computer at 30 years-old because I was using it while my kids played on my laptop. I am writing this on my laptop so I do have it working if there is a way it can help me fix the problem on his desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would feel fine about deleting the registry errors it has listed (there are only about 10) if I knew for certain I wasn't making matters worse by doing it. I got the list off of teesupport.com and saw the list on a couple other reputable sites as well. I have a feeling this will be my only option because as mentioned I can't get any antivirus/spyware/malware to run in regular or safe mode. In regular the virus blocks you from pulling them up and in safe mode they won't boot up. Sorry to ramble, but trying to relay as much information as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

." It is popping up 4 different types of "your computer is at risk" pop-ups 5-8 times a minute. You couldn't even keep up with closing them if you tried. You can also only open about 3 webpages before the program takes over IE saying "the webpage is dangerous."

This is the Rogue Infection that has infiltrated your system - Please follow the directions above from prairie dog to get full (free) help -

It is always harder on Dialup (I know) , but please do the best you can and we will help you -

Thank You -