Strange Anomalies ???

I just wanted to let you know that I have experienced issues with Malwarebytes on a Windows Vista,even if the system is clean if I hover the mouse over Malwarebytes window or sometimes when I try to minimize the window or try to do other things while its running Malwarebytes will freeze up and crash and I have to restart the scan over but if I start the scan and just leave it alone it will complete just fine I have not experienced these anomalies on any Windows XP systems only Windows Vista systems

I haven't experienced that, at least not so far, on the Vista machine that I look after.

Under the "settings" tab, then under the subtab "scanner settings", try unchecking "Enabled advanced heuristics engine (heuristics.shuriken).

See if you can complete a scan then :P

Did you have trouble with Mbam scanning on Vista prior to August 4th? (That's the date that Shuriken heuristics was released in Malwarebytes).

Did you have trouble with Mbam scanning on Vista prior to August 4th? (That's the date that Shuriken heuristics was released in Malwarebytes).

yes I did at least 3 out of 4 systems I ran it on

the primary computer I'm referring to belongs to a buddy of mine I check it for him every so often and no matter how many times I try to explain safe web browsing habits & proper computer maintenance he continues to practice his bad web browsing habits nor does he understand how to keep his computer maintained

Under the "settings" tab, then under the subtab "scanner settings", try unchecking "Enabled advanced heuristics engine (heuristics.shuriken)

See if you can complete a scan then

ok thank you, next time I look at one I'll try that and yet you know how it goes

if I hover the mouse over Malwarebytes window or sometimes when I try to minimize the window or try to do other things while its running Malwarebytes will freeze up and crash

but

if I start the scan and just leave it alone it will complete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ,Haider

No problem with Malwarebytes,it was touchpad settings & activation follows the mouse settings

Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista

I found that the problem in this particular case was he had the sensitivity of the touchpad set too high & the activation follows the mouse was on so every time you hovered over a window of a running app it froze. I noticed this happening with other applications as well including Internet Explorer and itunes I just noticed first it with Malwarebytes cause all I do on his computer is a little maintenance and security checks from time to time. after tinkering with the mouse settings a little the problem was resolved

my therory

I'm thinking that this happen to Malwarebytes because while it was scanning it was using a good bit of cpu and when you hovered with the mouse over the window it was trying to activate or bring the window into focus when the window was already active and or in focus causing Malwarebytes to stall & crash

does that make any sense :)

Thanks again

one last question Is my theory correct ? :)

I'm thinking that this happen to Malwarebytes because while it was scanning it was using a good bit of cpu and when you hovered with the mouse over the window it was trying to activate or bring the window into focus when the window was already active and or in focus causing Malwarebytes to stall & crash

does that make any sense

does this theory make sense or am I imagining things :)