different scan results different users same system?

I have set up MBAM Pro for hourly update and once a day quick scan silently from system account.

The scans run silently. I don't see anything which is great. I've been assuming all is well.

However I happened to have been curious after running a full system scan manually to look over the log files kept by MBAM.

To my surprise I saw that the silent system scan has been reporting 3 registry entries as infected objects yet as a user running MBAM all shows clean.

I opened regedit while logged in as me and checked the three registry keys and they aren't there. I then checked the other USERS in regedit on those keys and there is one (I assume the 'system account') that has those three keys that MBAM is reporting from the silent system scan.

What are the implications here?

Do I have to run MBAM on each user account including the Admin user (is that what the 'system account' is?) to really check my system or is there a command line or other control for loading other user hives and having them scanned?

I have felt confidence that my system is clean (eset ess, mbam pro) ... but now I think it is clean in that all known bad exe's, dll's, etc. are gone but in the different user registries there could be lingering items that aren't seen if not scanned while logged in as that user. Would this be true or false confidence?

What's the best/recommended way to set up MBAM Pro for it's automatic scan? Silent system scan is nice because I don't have it bothering me while I work but I probably either need to add a setting for it to do more (auto clean) or to add a regular scan on my account (that I will see running) when I'm not usually busy using the computer.

Advice, thoughts, guidance on best use and protection of setting up MBAM Pro for auto scanning/protection PLEASE.

Thank you!

- David I

Hello,

I strongly suggest running the scans for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, on the Administrative Account on your home PC. If you are running scans at a set time, you'll want to select a time when your computer is not in use like at night time or if you are away from home during the day, as the scan normally takes over one hour to complete. :)

Furthermore, I also recommend after removing any malware with this program (If any is detected), to shut down your PC completely and then start it up again. Now after you have done this, run Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, again on both "Full Scan" and "Flash Scan" (If you have Pro Version), to look for any other infectious files, or essential registry keys for your machine.

If none is found, I then recommend running a anti-virus like, Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG Free, or Avast, as those are great free Anti-Viruses to use. I also recommend using Spybot: Search and Destroy on your machine as this can sometimes detect spyware and such on your machine. :)

Also, you may use silent scan if you want, but if you do-so, be sure to check the log file of the scan afterwards for any malicious items detected along with the detected items section in the software itself. :)

Hope this helps you! Any other questions let us know!

Also, David,

When you have the silent scan run and the manual scan run - are you running both scan on the exact same account, or are you having the silent scan run on all accounts and running the manual scan on one account?