Nice... really nice!

Creepy

I feel very much obliged to the developers of MBAM.

You have managed what no AV program, inclusive Kaspersky KIS, has accomplished.

Since 3-4 months I had a tenacious trojan called "acleditr.exe" (40 kB file size).

KIS detected it and marked it for deletion, but even after a recommended immediate reboot the

file was still there and active.

I tried many AV programs but only MBAM/FileASSASSIN was able to delete the locked file

"on the fly" now, even without reboot.

A thousand thanks!

You are great!

I also want to thank Malwarebytes for an excellent program and a seldom found "FREE" malware program that found and removed that nasty, filthy SECURITY TOOLS Trojan. That was a beast to try to remove until I stumbled upon Malwarebytes. I was so impressed and grateful for the program (that was FREE), I felt obliged to purchase the full version. The program is very elegant and user friendly. What a great service! Thank you, thank you, thank you! ;)

I also wish to gratefully acknowledge the developers here at Malwarebytes. I hate to name names, but perhaps this will save someone their hard earned money.

I have been using the paid version of Ad-Aware (Ad Aware Pro), and also downloaded the Microsoft Security Essentials program, because of a Trojan infection in an lsass.exe file. It was attacking my registry, and my start-up section. It eventually prevented my desktop from displaying, leaving only my background photo with no taskbar or icons.

After painstakingly tracking it to the source, I managed to get my desktop back up, and ran scans from many different malware programs, including Security Essentials, and AdAware Pro. Full scans revealed nothing, but my system was running slow, clicking on a Google link took me to advertising sites, rather than where I was wanting to go, and I could not re-start my OS, because the desktop would not load correctly. I could only allow it to hibernate, to save power.

In searching through the malware programs at File Hippo, I came across Malwarebytes, and downloaded it.

After having just scanned my system with both MSE, and AA Pro, with 0 results, I ran my first scan using your program. It found FIFTY SEVEN infected files, including three different trojans, and worms!

Your program found and removed all of the infections from my system. (I am running an HP Pavilion with XP Media Center, an Athlon 64 processor and 2G RAM) The desktop loads properly, my speed is back to normal, and my mind is at ease. All of this from a free version of your program! I am sold. Malwarebytes will be my security provider. Thanks a lot!

Hi no leaks and welcome to malwarebytes.:blink:

We are very happy our program helped you!

Just so you know malwarebytes is not an antivirus. It is a program designed for complementary rather then full protection. I would recommend keeping MSE. Does Ad-ware have an antivirus component active? If its on I recommend turning it off as running more then one antivirus can cause problems.:blink: