There are more computer configurations out there than raindrops which makes it a wonder that MBAM literally has millions of satisfied users.

I believe your assessment is overly simplistic as almost all tech forums and major anti virus programs endorse and in fact embrace it's use.

You could change my opinion by stating and proving your computer expert/guru status ;)

There are more computer configurations out there than raindrops which makes it a wonder that MBAM literally has millions of satisfied users.

I believe your assessment is overly simplistic as almost all tech forums and major anti virus programs endorse and in fact embrace it's use.

You could change my opinion by stating and proving your computer expert/guru status ;)

stop twisting what i said.

E.g. mbam service terminated unexpectedly

or database errors

If you are having such serious errors on a regular basis (which is not at all common), then there may be something wrong with your computer. I highly recommend running Memtest86+ through at least 5 passes to ensure that your memory is OK, and Hitachi's Drive Fitness Test (DFT) to ensure that your hard drive is OK.

Just to add, also give your mother board a visual check and see if you don't have any blown capacitors....

Click HERE to see what a blown one looks like. The capacitor is the one that looks like a miniature soda can....

Yeah, blown capacitors are a sign of a power surge (often a lightening strike), and while a computer can sometimes run with capacitors damaged like this, the motherboard will grow more and more unstable over time (how long depends on the extent of the damage and the general build quality of the motherboard). Note that the capacitor doesn't have to be leaking for it to be damaged, but it can simply have a top that is slightly domed outwards (capacitors have a flat top).

• 3 months later...

We'd love to address it, but first we'd need to know the cause. If you'd like to assist us in doing so then please do the following:

Create a Crash Dump:

• Click on START and select Run
  • In the Run box type or copy/paste drwtsn32 and press Enter or click on OK
  • In the Dr. Watson for Windows verify the paths shown in Log File Path and Crash Dump which should be the following:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp

[*]Next to Crash Dump Type: make certain that Full is selected

[*]Make certain that under Options the following are all checked:

• Dump Symbol Table
    • Dump All Thread Contexts
    • Create Crash Dump File

[*]Click on OK

[*]Now replicate the memory error by opening and then closing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

[*]Once that's done, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft and right-click on the Dr Watson folder and choose Copy

[*]Close the explorer window and right-click on your desktop and select Paste

[*]Right-click on the Dr Watson folder which you should now see on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder

[*]Upload the Dr Watson.zip file you just created to RapidShare by clicking on the Upload File button on that page and browsing to the Dr Watson.zip file and selecting it

[*]Once the upload completes you'll be given a link for the download, please copy and paste that link into your next reply

With regard to database errors, if it's MBAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE, then the most frequent cause of that is dropped packets, either due to router issues, connections that have low bandwidth such as dialup or satellite etc and deleting rules.ref and having MBAM download a new copy of the file generally fixes it. If it happens more frequently then you should check your connection to verify that there are no connectivity issues or dropped packets.

or database errors

And you get the usual response

uninstall

run mbam-clean

reboot

re install

etc

WHAT A BIG JOKE.

You need to address this if you are to be taken seriously.

First of all, provide the data Exile asked, he is an expert here and will help you.

I'm not from support but I like to help people and I also like to test a lot

on my systems so this is what I would do... (If you have the 1.50 installed...)

- Uninstall and clean with the tools provided by mbam.

- download the previous version (1.46) and install, reboot and update.

Be sure to disable the "program" update in the settings first!

Now if that version runs stable without problems you can pinpoint it to the 1.50 version.

If you still got problems with the 1.46 it's probably your system.

I have the feeling too that the previous version was much more stable,

adding new features can always be a problem in new releases, beta tested or not.