Installing Malwarebytes silently via login script?

First off, thanks to Malwarebytes for removing the biggest pain of AV2009 that hit our users at my school district. I came into this position just recently, but how does that AV2009 typically launch itself ? (e-mail, web based, etc.?)

Second,

I was thinking of putting in a purchase order for a education site license, but I was wondering if it is possible to install Malwarebytes with a login script and do it silently with configuration already set up. For instance, the AV software I installed pre-configured the program settings by me setting up one computer how I like it an running a configuration utility to export the settings to an install folder on the server that the batch file uses during the remote install.

What education site? I saw your advice to another user and it's all wrong. There is no reason to remove the HD ever. A quick scan is just as effective as a full scan. Rogue's as AV2009 are injected via a web site with a fake alert to the user that they are infected and need to install the malware. Often there is no way out of the install unless the user knows enough to use the Task Manager and close the browser. This is where a layered protection is the most effective, prevention of ever arriving on the malicious site.

• Root Admin

As far as a silent install during logon. Generally speaking, no it can't be done (at least not via a logon script since users should not have Admin rights to install anyways). There are methods one could employ to remotely install it though as long as you're either in an Active Directory network or have Admin rights on the remote systems.

What education site? I saw your advice to another user and it's all wrong. There is no reason to remove the HD ever. A quick scan is just as effective as a full scan. Rogue's as AV2009 are injected via a web site with a fake alert to the user that they are infected and need to install the malware. Often there is no way out of the install unless the user knows enough to use the Task Manager and close the browser. This is where a layered protection is the most effective, prevention of ever arriving on the malicious site.

Trying to install Malwarebytes on a system already heavily infected with several types of malware and virii, I've always had to remove the hard drive and scan it seperately as a slave drive because the virii/malware won't even allow the program to install. Typically the systems I've ran into with AV2009 had a plethora of other malware, rogue installers, virii, etc., that made most software installs impossible even in safe mode so the person's situation I replied to is most likely not the same as mine.

I probably worded my sentence wrong with the puncuation, I was referring to buying a Malwarebytes license for K12.

• 3 weeks later...