Windows has blocked MBAM from running at startup

Last week MalwareBytes AntiMalware detected a temp file as a threat (in c:\Windows\Temp\TMP...), I selected "remove", but didn't reboot the system right away when MBAM prompted me to. Later on after I rebooted my system, I noticed an icon on my system tray with a popup saying that "Windows has blocked some startup programs".

I opened it (System Utility Configuration), and under "Run Blocked Program", I saw MalwareByte's Anti-Malware. The command is "c:\program files\MalwareBytes AntiMalware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript, and the location is HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I did another full scan with MBAM, and no threat was reported.

Then I uninstalled MBAM (tried both Start Menu -> All Programs -> MBAM -> Uninstall, as well as via Control Panel -> Program and Features), restarted my machine, and ran www.malwarebytes.org\mbam-clean.exe, restarted again. Then reinstalled MBAM. Quarantined items as well as log files are gone, but I am still seeing that Windows is blocking MBAM from running at startup (ie/ same problem as before). Is it okay to just remove it from the start up list? I've done another 2 full scans and still no threats have been reported.

I have Vista, MBAM v 1.46

Many thanks.