No internet access after removing Trojan.Agent

Hello -

I have been experiencing some issues with my internet connection and I believe it is related to a virus that was supposedly removed by Malwarebytes. At this point, I cannot access the internet through any application. I have tried Firefox, I.E., Thunderbird, Google Earth, and have also tried to update several anti-virus programs and I can

I remember being able to use LSP Fix to delete all LSPs, and WinSock XP (or something like it) to re-install the default set. Note that this is for Windows XP, and that I'm not sure if it works with Service Pack 3.

LSP Fix Homepage

WinSock XP Fix at SnapFiles

I know for a fact WinsockXP works with 9x/ME/2K/XP regardless of service pack. You can also use Dial-a-fix on 98, 98SE, Me, 2000

XP, Server 2003.

I remember being able to use LSP Fix to delete all LSPs, and WinSock XP (or something like it) to re-install the default set.

GT500, YOU ROCK! :angry: WinSock XP did the trick!

Thanks a lot for your help. I thought maybe it had to do with WinSock but Windows is rather unhelpful with how to reinstall those files.

BTW, I used to go to church in Fortville when I was younger. It was a nice small town from what I remember. Grew up in Shelbyville, IN. Now I'm in Arizona.

GT500, YOU ROCK! :angry: WinSock XP did the trick!

Thanks a lot for your help. I thought maybe it had to do with WinSock but Windows is rather unhelpful with how to reinstall those files.

Yea, considering how easy it is to corrupt them, I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't released their own tool.

BTW, I used to go to church in Fortville when I was younger. It was a nice small town from what I remember. Grew up in Shelbyville, IN. Now I'm in Arizona.

It's small, but I wouldn't call it nice. I'm just glad I don't actually live in town. I'm about a mile north of the high school, and a half-mile west, so I don't have to deal with as much traffic and such.