Crash while quick scanning vbisurf.ax

Hi,

I got problem each time i'm using quick scanning MBAM 1.46 always crashing when scanning vbisurf.ax

if i tried scan the file individually using MBAM or KIS there's no problem with file.

i already tried this method http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=284408 and this one http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=285610

still cannot fix the problem, even i tried to delete vbisurf.ax the file will appear again in few seconds.

any solution to fix this problem ?

thanks in advance

What does vbisurf.ax do?

Process - a process that runs on your computer

Autorun - automatically runs every time you start your computer

The process is a normal part of your system -

There will be a fix if you can please answer these quick questions -

Can you please list your Antivirus program(s) Firewall and your Operating System (XP Vista Win7)

Can you also list your Update version - Current is 1.46 , update Version 4438

Thank You

Hi -

Have you visited ISSUE 3# in our FAQ area - There is some help for Kaspersky users there -

It is a bit 'dated' but there is always more information at the Kaspersky Forum -

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
    [*[C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Now try a quick scan after this is done -

Thank You -

thank you for quick response

i tried above method still got same result, even with antivirus disabled MBAM still crashing.

the strange thing is when i scanned folder system32 only files with v*.* will cause MBAM crash

now i installed MBAM 1.45 with database version 3930, run fine without crash till quick scan finished.

then i try upgraded to 1.46 database 4052 works fine too. maybe 4438 is not friendly with my system :)

thanks.

Hi -

There will be at least 3 updates in the next 24 hours , so please use this method to replace your older version and fully update then -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your

Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :)

• 1 month later...

I am also having this same issue with a slightly newer version of Mbam. Here is what is currently running on my computer:

Antivirus:

Malwarebytes 1.46

Database Version: 4714

Registered Version

AVG Anti-Virus Free

Version 9.0.856

Virus DB: 271.1.1/3165

Things ive tried:

1. Did the checkdsc /r

2. Unstalled software, ran mbamclean, and then reinstalled.

3. Added the mbam files to the exclude list and as far as i know AVG does not have a firewall

Every time, mbam crashes at vbserf.ax with fast scan and full scan, but flash scan works fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.