Black Screen, No Taskbar, No Start Menu, No Desktop Icon

Donut Quan

Hi, I am currently using Windows 7 Professional and I had encountered a problem.

My Desktop is Completely Black without any of my desktop icons, start menu, task bar or anything, just a completely black screen with my mouse. Whenever I try to shutdown, they will show this thing called "sdfsdf" 2, any idea what this is and what is causing my laptop to function this way? :) The only way I could access Internet is by using Ctrl+Alt+Del and Using Start Task Manager -> New Task, I hope whoever is reading this could solve my problem :) I tried running multiple different kinds of Virus Scans but no viruses were detected.

Hi and Welcome -

Can you access safe mode with networking - If you can , please try to follow some of these instructions and post a fresh topic where listed -

Even if you cannot perform the requested items please post a new topic for the experts to fully review your system -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :)

EDIT - If one of the experts have more advice they will assist you also -