Malwarebytes Update Port

I'm pretty sure that it goes out over port 80 (standard HTTP), but you can use TCPView to verify and see if it is trying to go out over a different port. :D

FYI: A quick run of TCPView on my Windows 7 Pro x64 install shows MBAM using the HTTP port 80.

If you need them, then here are some steps to diagnose update issues:

Step 1

Click on
and let me know what it says. It should be just a 4-digit number in the upper-left corner.

Step 2

Please download and run the traceroute utility at
. It will run a traceroute to our update servers to see if it can find the connection issue, and then it will write it to a log, and open that log in Notepad when it is done. Please either save the log as a Text File and then attach it to a reply, or copy and paste it into a reply, and I will forward it on to our server guy.

Note that it may take several minutes to run, and it may look like it is not doing anything for a few minutes. Normally it takes longer when there are errors that it has to log, but it's rare for it to go more than 10 minutes.