mbam download

To whom it may concern:

I am a grandmother of 7 and I am computer illiterate. I downloaded mbam and I know I will love it but I wanted the free version and it is giving me the register and buy options. I can't afford to buy or I would. I have heard so many good things about mbam and would love to have it on my computer. I have a virus on my computer and it came from Avast antivirus. I can't get it off any other way. Please help. Do you have a totally free mbam full version of your mbam? Desperately need help to get this virus off. P.S. I did run the mbam scan and it shows I do not have any problems but I didn't know if that was accurate since I haven't purchased or registered the product. Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome Kieko

I use Avast V5 as well as MBAM and I find they are excellent companions.

What is the virus that is detected by Avast?

Does it give you the option to remove it?

Also to add onto what YoKenny1 said,

Malwarebytes will NOT prompt you to buy it after download... it is completely free for download, scanning, and most importantly, REMOVAL.

If you have downloaded a program claiming to be Malwarebytes asking you to purchase it after you've downloaded it... then it is NOT Malwarebytes.

Here are the download links for you, these can change from time to time especially when the new version comes out....

Direct Download FROM HERE

Or you can use THIS LINK from cnet download should work okay until or unless they change it.

Note: Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which is prominently displayed, they are ads and we do not have any association with them.

Save the file to your desktop then double-click it to begin installation.

Avast did not give me an option to remove it. It did not describe which virus it was. But I had Avast 4. My computer is Vista home basic 32 bit and I had at the time explorer 6 I think. I now have 7. I think when I upgraded to 7 I also tried to upgrade to Avast 5 and if I recall correctly it did not completely install.

As for the mbam I have it already installed. But I installed it from the Cnt download. It does the quick scan and tells me I have no infections on the computer. Is that all it is supposed to do or do I need to do a full scan to get the full benefit? It does have at the bottom of the page of the scan page though the words register and buy.

Welcome to the forum -

The items you mention (Regester / Buy) are only for people that wish to do so -

We were asked very often how and where to do this so the items were added to the front page just to make it easier -

The program you have is 100% free and you can use it at any time you wish -

Our program never had a paid version until we added extra items that you may never need as an average user -

Just make sure you check for Updates every few days and then use the Free scanner (quick scan is usually enough) -

Always feel free to ask any questions, or browse here at the forum , or even drop us a note if you have any problems -

Thank you for using Malwarebytes - :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE USE OF MALWAREBYTES. I AM SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE THIS ADDED TO MY COMPUTER AND ALSO AM HOPING IT WILL TAKE CARE OF MY PROBLEM WITH THIS VIRUS. SO FAR THE SCAN SAYS I HAVE NO INFECTION ON MY COMPUTER WHICH IS GOOD TO KNOW. IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE SERVICES LIKE MALWAREBYTES THAT ARE GIVEN TO PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF WHO WHOULD OTHERWISE NOT BE ABLE TO BUY IT. AGAIN THANKS.

• Staff
Here are the download links for you, these can change from time to time especially when the new version comes out....

Direct Download FROM HERE

To correct, we have no direct downloads, that link will direct users to any of the following download sites, all considered safe:

CNET

FileForumBeta

MajorGeeks

TechSpot

Note: Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which is prominently displayed, they are ads and we do not have any association with them. Do not click on anything that does not specifically say 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware' or is called anything else.

To whom it may concern:

I am a grandmother of 7 and I am computer illiterate. I downloaded mbam and I know I will love it but I wanted the free version and it is giving me the register and buy options.

Hi Kieko,

Like you, I am somewhat of a newbie. Mbam and everyone on this site is awesome. I couldn't survive without them.

What I think you're seeing is the "Register the Free Version" pop up. It is a little confusing, but if you deselect the box at the bottom that says you want to register your free Mbam version, you can click continue (or something like that) and the pop up will go away forever.

Personally, I use Avira as a day to day antivirus checker. It was highly recommended on this site.

Good luck Kieko. You're in good hands! :)

Kate

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Kieko,

Like you, I am somewhat of a newbie. Mbam and everyone on this site is awesome. I couldn't survive without them.

What I think you're seeing is the "Register the Free Version" pop up. It is a little confusing, but if you deselect the box at the bottom that says you want to register your free Mbam version, you can click continue (or something like that) and the pop up will go away forever.

Personally, I use Avira as a day to day antivirus checker. It was highly recommended on this site.

Good luck Kieko. You're in good hands! :P

Kate