scheduled scan question

Just purchased MBAM and have a couple questions regarding scheduled scan setup.

1. Under Protection > Scheduler> scan setup I see there is a box to check for "Perform scan silently from system account". What is this and how is the scheduler affected whether I have it checked or not? or do I need it checked or not??

2. It seems that if I do check this option, the other option just below it "terminate program when scan performs successfully" is automatically deactivates. Guess I don't understand the connection between the two.

3. If I elect to have the computer awakened to perform scheduled scan and updates will this work if the computer is on standby?? or must it be in hibernate mode? Along the same lines, what happens if the computer is shutdown when the scheduled scan and or update is scheduled to perform?

Bear with me as I'm still learning this setup. :D

Maybe a better question would be is there anywhere where I could go to get info on all the options your allowed to tick either with scheduled scan or update? Some of them are self explanatory, but others I'm not sure??

This link is the only tutorial we have until the new documentation is ready. Unfortunately it does not cover any of the more advanced stuff, and it was not updated for version 1.46 (I guess I should update the screenshots and merge it into the FAQ on the forum when I have some time).

1. Under Protection > Scheduler> scan setup I see there is a box to check for "Perform scan silently from system account". What is this and how is the scheduler affected whether I have it checked or not? or do I need it checked or not??

This option has two effects:

1. It causes the scheduled scan to run as the SYSTEM user (a default user account on all versions of Windows that are based on Windows NT).
  2. When the scan runs, it will not display a window or any messages.

The main benefit to this option is that it allows scheduled scans to run when you are not logged into your computer (when it is sitting at the 'Welcome' screen waiting for you to log in).

2. It seems that if I do check this option, the other option just below it "terminate program when scan performs successfully" is automatically deactivates. Guess I don't understand the connection between the two.

This is because Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will automatically close after running the scheduled scan when it is running silently. This means that the option to terminate MBAM when the scan completes no longer has any effect, and so the option is grayed out.

3. If I elect to have the computer awakened to perform scheduled scan and updates will this work if the computer is on standby?? or must it be in hibernate mode? Along the same lines, what happens if the computer is shutdown when the scheduled scan and or update is scheduled to perform?

Not all computers handle the wake from sleep/hibernate function the same way, and it does not work on every computer. That being said, if it works on your computer then it will work from sleep mode.