Antivir Solutions pro problems.

Skep

Hello there iv been a happy reciver of this little sh*t yesterday and iv read the post about it on this forum but havent been able to try it.

I was just wondering if i could get any tips on what to do when i cant start the comp in normal mode or safemode with network ?

My computer basicly gets to the pont where u see the mouse then the screen goes black and it reboots.

OS is Vista and iv tried system restores but nothing works. also tried scandisks and so on.

Welcome Skep -

I assume This Item describes the infection you have contracted -

Did you have a copy of Malwarebytes installed prior to being infected , or are you only trying to install now -

There are ways to use a flash drive to install the program in the FAQ area -

Please read Issue #4 in this FAQ link -

Thank You -

Nope afraid iv never had a reason to have any malware removers til now since this is the first time its happened but i will probably concider getting the full version if this fix works out.

Yepp thats it im at work and gonna follow those instructions but i d hafto do it all in normal safemode since it wont let me boot with networking or normal start of the OS.

Was just wondering if there was somethign else on the comp that forces the reboots since every sulution iv found tells me to just start the comp in normal or safemode with networking either before or after iv installed the removers and something is stopping me from doing anything but safemode. out of like 30 reboots last night i was able to get into windows normal once and safeemode with network once but both those times i got the " your comp will restart after 1min dou to a critical crash" or something and if i do anything it reboots right away.

i got your solution to this probalem on a flash and my mobil so gonna install it when i get home while in safemode.

Can i just install and run the fix while in normal safemode without network or normal OS start?

If you can follow the steps in Issue #4 of the FAQ it should be run in normal mode only -

Please try running a FULL disk check on the drive and see if that helps.

This is for Vista

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista

Basically you need to start an Administrative/Elevated DOS prompt and the run

CHKDSK C: /R

Tell it yes to run it on reboot and then reboot and let it check the drive.

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista

Basically you need to start an Administrative/Elevated DOS prompt and the run

CHKDSK C: /R

Tell it yes to run it on reboot and then reboot and let it check the drive.

Hope this helps - It will take some time fir the CHKDSK scan to run , just let it go on -

Thank You -

thx alot for all the help Noknojon

It seems to have cleared up all the Viruses now since i cant find any new ones with SAS and Malwarebytes.

Got to get the network problem fixed tho but il make a new post about it.

Thank you very much

While going over your network fixes also try this little item as the infection can alter your settings -

STEP 01

• Open Internet Explorer
  • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser
  • Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options
  • Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up
  • Click on the Connections tab
  • Click on the LAN settings button
  • Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it
  • Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window
  • Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window
  • Use this diagram as a guide
  • Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 02

STEP 02

Disable Internet Explorer Proxy Settings and Reset TCP/IP

It is very important that these steps be carried out exactly as shown otherwise the fix will not work.

If you have any questions please ask before moving on.

• Please start Notepad and using your mouse make sure you select and copy all the information below in the Code box into your new document.
  • Then save the file as "fixme.bat" to your Desktop - The .bat extension is important
  • In the drop down box for Save as type: make sure you select All Files (*.*) and keep the quotes on the name as well. Then close the new file.
    @ECHO OFF
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyServer /f
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyOverride /f
    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

• On Windows XP you can double-click the file to run it.
  • On Vista/Win7 you need to Right click the file and choose Run as administrator to run it. With User Account Control on it should ask permission to run it. Click Yes
  • This will flash a black DOS box very quickly and go away, this is normal.
  • Restart your computer now.
  • Launch Internet Explorer and see if you can connect to the Internet.
  • Launch MBAM and check for Updates

STEP 03

Ping the Content Delivery Network

For Windows XP:

Click on START - RUN and type in or Copy/Paste the following and verify that you get a response

CMD.EXE /K PING mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

Click on START and in the search line type in CMD and you should see cmd.exe show on the menu. Right click over cmd.exe and select Run as administrator

Then in the DOS console window type in the following and press the Enter key and verify that you get a response

PING mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org

If all the pings failed then please try running the following command

TRACERT mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org

Then copy and paste back the results on your next reply.

Might aswell keep using this post =)

I`ll try this when i get home from work today.

When i plug in a nettwork cable i get a Error that says "the windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart in 1 min" but if i dont click close or the X it doesent retart but most programs crashs and stops running (get the message to wait for the to respond or close the program that vista gives).

only takes a second for the message to come if i plug in a nett cable but i found out i can boot in anything if i dont.

I`ll try your way but iv done the proxy thing and it tells me i cant get on the nett if i completly clean it and even if i do that it says 80 on the proxy but if i go inside everything is clean. i can get on the nett for afew seconds before the programs stop responding so i got the 44 update for malwarebytes when i sorted this out the first time.

Tried but it won't let me ping or get on the net. It shuts off right away when I try . I did the auto connect and so on but its not that I can't get on the net its that I get the critical error message and it shuts off when I plug the nett work. Cable in. I can turn the local network off swell and it works. Typing this on my Mobil from home

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Someone will work with you one on one to assist you in that forum.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org