Trouble downloading/removing malware byts

Hi I have windows vista with security esentials from microsoft, stopzill and a version of avast that is not updating it keeps saying interal program error. I tried to dowload malware bytes but threatfire did somethng to it and it does not work, i was going to remove it and try again but i cant delete all files due to uac how do I remove the malware byes folder from program files and the desktop? Forums say use the take down commnd but I dont know how to do that so would require specifc instructons i.e. letter for letter what to type so I can remove the two malware bytes folders and try again, I will give you the path

Hello and :)

First things first, you mention that you are running "security esentials from microsoft, stopzill and a version of avast".

It is not recommended to run two antivirus programs at the same time. Choose either the Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avast, but not both.

Second to uninstall Malwarebytes and install a fresh copy follow these steps.

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Hello and :(

First things first, you mention that you are running "security esentials from microsoft, stopzill and a version of avast".

It is not recommended to run two antivirus programs at the same time. Choose either the Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avast, but not both.

Second to uninstall Malwarebytes and install a fresh copy follow these steps.

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

Thanks, I will keep these instructions for another time, managed to delete using the takeown and calcs command even though vista is supposed to use icalcs so the folk who know about these things say. Mucking about with takeown was frustrating.