Quick vs. Full

Hi, trudyjh:

Quick scan should be all you need on a regular basis -- it will check the vast majority of places where malware lurks.

Full scan is really only needed after cleaning up infections found on a Quick Scan to do a somewhat deeper inspection of your system, though you may wish to run a Full Scan from time to time, just for reassurance.

Regards,

daledoc1

Just to add onto DaleDoc's excellent response, pretty much what a full scan will find that a quick scan does not are left-overs of already-dead infections. In nearly all cases you do not need to run a full scan, a quick scan is sufficient.

trudyjh: I would like to add following besides what daledoc1, and mountaintree16 have mentioned:

Quick Scan:

1. On a single boot system with multi partition, it will only scan system partition
  2. On a multi-boot system it will only scan system partition where MBAM is installed
  3. It will not scan external drive(s) attached to system

Full Scan:

1. You've option to include/exclude partition(s) plus external drive(s)

Admins/Moderators/Trusted Advisors please correct me if I am wrong