please help with HJT log?

Hi, can I really send somebody my HJT log to review? I don't know where else to go. I think I was infected with Antivir, and I don't know what else. At least that's what I had on my corporate laptop, and I think the same thing on my personal one. (Couldn't get to webpages...prevented from going to MWB, etc.) I sent my corporate laptop back to the office to have it wiped clean...they say they can't reliably fix it otherwise. But I have to take care of my own personal machine. I've run MalwareBytes, MSEssentials, Norton, HijackThis, removed IE7. But the log is huge, and I don't know what to look for.

If this isn't the right place, please send me somewhere else?

Also... what should my corporate team be using on our machines/network to keep it clean...or is this a new malware that doesn't have an update in place yet?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

hijackthis_DM_file_8_3_10_late.txt

Hello ,

And :rolleyes: My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.

Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.

• The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen.
  • Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic.
  • The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
  • Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.

You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.

Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:

• Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:

[*]Save it to your desktop.

[*]Double click on the otlDesktopIcon.png icon on your desktop.

[*]Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.

[*]Push the runscanbutton.png button.

[*]Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:

• OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:

• Main Mirror
    This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
  • Zipped Mirror
    This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.

• Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
    gmer_zip.gif
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
  • If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
  • Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
  • Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.

-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problem

If you still need help, please include the following in your next reply

• A detailed description of your problems
  • A new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)
  • GMER log

Thank you! Here's a new log file, I'll work on your other requests. Thank you!!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 10:58:02 AM, on 8/4/2010

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM\Binn\sqlservr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\QCONSVC.EXE

C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe

C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Rescue and Recovery\rrservice.exe

C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Scheduler\tvtsched.exe

C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe

C:\Program Files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe

C:\Program Files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY_1\TpScrex.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe

C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe

C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Logger\logmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE

C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpScrLk.exe

C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Client Security Solution\cssauth.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\SafeGuard PrivateDisk\pdservice.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe

C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe

C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\fa06e29c141c84f43a95ba02f93d3774\update\update.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\VPC32.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPKMAPHELPER] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe -helper

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpShocks] TpShocks.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPHOTKEY] C:\PROGRA~1\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter] "C:\Program Files\ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software\ctlcntr.exe" /startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TP4EX] tp4ex.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EZEJMNAP] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [soundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [soundMAX] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe /tray

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [updateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRMGRTR] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWRMGRTR.DLL,PwrMgrBkGndMonitor

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bLOG] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatLogEx.DLL,StartBattLog

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCTRAY] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCWLICON] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPKBDLED] C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpScrLk.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cssauth] "C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Client Security Solution\cssauth.exe" silent

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDService.exe] "C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\SafeGuard PrivateDisk\pdservice.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [userFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_8 -reboot 1

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet

O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Send To &Bluetooth - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IBM Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll

O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-4017 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm

O9 - Extra button: Software Installer - {D1A4DEBD-C2EE-449f-B9FB-E8409F9A0BC5} - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\\PkgMgr.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O11 - Options group: [JAVA_IBM] Java (IBM)

O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - http://supportcenter.rr.com/sdccommon/download/tgctlcm.cab

O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www2.snapfish.com/SnapfishActivia.cab

O16 - DPF: {493ACF15-5CD9-4474-82A6-91670C3DD66E} (LinkedIn ContactFinderControl) - http://www.linkedin.com/cab/LinkedInContactFinderControl.cab

O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1137538242968

O16 - DPF: {843EE768-3A97-455C-9076-741BA3AD7B62} (QuickBooks Online Edition Utilities Class v10) - https://accounting.quickbooks.com/c15/v22.158/qboax10.cab

O16 - DPF: {CCA0B877-CB5E-4ADC-AD30-457C379512DD} (Gif89 Lite Class) - http://192.168.1.20/xplugLiteTW.cab

O16 - DPF: {DA25EE3A-530B-4494-AA8A-AA52557E37B6} (LinkedIn Signature Control) - http://www.linkedin.com/cab/LinkedInSignatureControl.cab

O16 - DPF: {E06E2E99-0AA1-11D4-ABA6-0060082AA75C} (GpcContainer Class) - https://mwmus.webex.com/client/v_mywebex-mw...bex/ieatgpc.cab

O16 - DPF: {EF6E7E56-9229-4C73-AAD0-15316405DB95} (Easy Photo Uploader) - http://preview.carrie.photosite.com/~site/...oadBox_live.cab

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe

O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe

O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe

O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: ThinkPad PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: IBM PSA Access Driver Control (PsaSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PsaSrv.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: QCONSVC - Lenovo - C:\WINDOWS\System32\QCONSVC.EXE

O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

O23 - Service: ThinkPad HDD APS Logging Service (TPHDEXLGSVC) - Lenovo. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE

O23 - Service: IBM KCU Service (TpKmpSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe

O23 - Service: TSS Core Service (TSSCoreService) - IBM - C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Client Security Solution\ibmtcsd.exe

O23 - Service: TVT Backup Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Rescue and Recovery\rrservice.exe

O23 - Service: TVT Scheduler - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Scheduler\tvtsched.exe

O23 - Service: Protector Suite Virtual Token (vtserver) - UPEK Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe

--

End of file - 13192 bytes

Hi, here are the OTL, Extras and GMER results...

OTL logfile created on: 8/4/2010 11:13:09 AM - Run 1

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.9.1 Folder = C:\Documents and Settings\Carrie\Desktop

Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 2 (Version = 5.1.2600) - Type = NTWorkstation

Internet Explorer (Version = 6.0.2900.2180)

Locale: 00000409 | Country: United States | Language: ENU | Date Format: M/d/yyyy

510.00 Mb Total Physical Memory | 58.00 Mb Available Physical Memory | 11.00% Memory free

1.00 Gb Paging File | 1.00 Gb Available in Paging File | 59.00% Paging File free

Paging file location(s): C:\pagefile.sys 768 1536 [binary data]

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\WINDOWS | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files

Drive C: | 51.94 Gb Total Space | 2.70 Gb Free Space | 5.20% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS

D: Drive not present or media not loaded

E: Drive not present or media not loaded

F: Drive not present or media not loaded

G: Drive not present or media not loaded

H: Drive not present or media not loaded

I: Drive not present or media not loaded

Computer Name: CARRIESLT

Current User Name: Carrie

Logged in as Administrator.

Current Boot Mode: Normal

Scan Mode: All users

Company Name Whitelist: Off

Skip Microsoft Files: Off

File Age = 30 Days

Output = Standard

========== Processes (SafeList) ==========

PRC - [2010/08/04 10:55:46 | 000,574,976 | ---- | M] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Carrie\Desktop\OTL.exe

PRC - [2009/11/05 22:14:44 | 001,794,848 | ---- | M] (Apple Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.exe

PRC - [2008/04/11 02:22:42 | 000,068,856 | ---- | M] (Google Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

PRC - [2007/08/10 20:46:20 | 000,755,576 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\fa06e29c141c84f43a95ba02f93d3774\update\update.exe

PRC - [2007/06/13 03:23:07 | 001,033,216 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

PRC - [2007/01/31 14:55:42 | 000,096,370 | ---- | M] (Canon Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe

PRC - [2006/02/01 09:08:02 | 000,180,269 | ---- | M] (RealNetworks, Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

PRC - [2005/11/15 14:28:04 | 000,085,744 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\VPTray.exe

PRC - [2005/11/15 14:27:54 | 001,756,912 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

PRC - [2005/11/15 14:27:44 | 000,020,208 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe

PRC - [2005/11/11 02:33:00 | 000,073,782 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe

PRC - [2005/11/07 12:14:16 | 000,106,496 | ---- | M] (Lenovo, Ltd. and IBM Corporation.) -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe

PRC - [2005/10/04 13:42:50 | 000,177,776 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

PRC - [2005/10/04 13:42:42 | 000,185,968 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

PRC - [2005/10/04 13:42:40 | 000,048,752 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

PRC - [2005/09/15 14:57:42 | 000,110,592 | ---- | M] (Synaptics, Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

PRC - [2005/09/15 11:52:38 | 000,163,840 | ---- | M] (Broadcom Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe

PRC - [2005/09/06 04:08:00 | 000,745,472 | ---- | M] (Lenovo) -- C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE

PRC - [2005/09/06 04:08:00 | 000,086,016 | ---- | M] (Lenovo) -- C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE

PRC - [2005/09/06 04:08:00 | 000,081,920 | ---- | M] (Lenovo) -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\QCONSVC.EXE

PRC - [2005/09/01 03:21:00 | 000,237,568 | ---- | M] (Lenovo Group Limited) -- C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\EZEJMNAP.EXE

PRC - [2005/08/29 15:15:02 | 000,094,208 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe

PRC - [2005/08/08 14:01:40 | 000,086,016 | ---- | M] (IBM Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY_1\TpScrex.exe

PRC - [2005/08/02 20:12:44 | 000,077,824 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Scheduler\tvtsched.exe

PRC - [2005/08/02 20:06:54 | 000,032,768 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Logger\logmon.exe

PRC - [2005/08/02 20:02:20 | 001,372,160 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Rescue and Recovery\rrservice.exe

PRC - [2005/08/02 19:52:40 | 001,988,144 | ---- | M] (Lenovo Group Limited) -- C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Client Security Solution\cssauth.exe

PRC - [2005/08/02 19:17:30 | 000,722,480 | ---- | M] (IBM) -- C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Client Security Solution\ibmtcsd.exe

PRC - [2005/07/23 03:43:20 | 000,372,809 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation ) -- C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

PRC - [2005/07/23 03:42:24 | 000,245,760 | ---- | M] (Intel) -- C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe

PRC - [2005/07/23 03:41:22 | 000,086,016 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe

PRC - [2005/07/23 03:40:08 | 000,139,264 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe

PRC - [2005/07/12 10:40:08 | 000,040,551 | ---- | M] (UPEK Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe

PRC - [2005/07/07 16:22:54 | 000,049,152 | R--- | M] (Utimaco Safeware AG) -- C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\SafeGuard PrivateDisk\pdservice.exe

PRC - [2005/07/05 15:57:12 | 000,077,824 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe

PRC - [2005/06/06 22:26:22 | 000,032,768 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSvc.exe

PRC - [2005/06/06 16:03:00 | 000,077,824 | ---- | M] (Lenovo.) -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPHDEXLG.exe

PRC - [2005/03/30 22:48:22 | 000,992,864 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe

PRC - [2004/10/14 10:11:10 | 001,388,544 | ---- | M] (Analog Devices, Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe

PRC - [2003/10/29 04:06:00 | 000,024,576 | ---- | M] (BVRP Software) -- C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe

PRC - [2002/10/08 23:28:42 | 000,040,960 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpScrLk.exe

PRC - [2002/09/20 15:50:10 | 000,045,056 | ---- | M] (Analog Devices, Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

========== Modules (SafeList) ==========

MOD - [2010/08/04 10:55:46 | 000,574,976 | ---- | M] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Carrie\Desktop\OTL.exe

MOD - [2006/08/25 08:45:55 | 001,054,208 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2982_x-ww_ac3f9c03\comctl32.dll

MOD - [2005/09/15 14:57:36 | 000,065,536 | ---- | M] (Synaptics, Inc.) -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\SynTPFcs.dll

MOD - [2004/08/04 06:00:00 | 000,102,400 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\msscript.ocx

========== Win32 Services (SafeList) ==========

SRV - File not found [On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\PsaSrv.exe -- (PsaSrv)

SRV - File not found [Disabled | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\hidserv.dll -- (HidServ)

SRV - File not found [On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe -- (gusvc)

SRV - [2007/01/31 14:55:42 | 000,096,370 | ---- | M] (Canon Inc.) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe -- (CCALib8)

SRV - [2005/11/15 14:27:56 | 000,169,200 | ---- | M] (symantec) [On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe -- (SavRoam)

SRV - [2005/11/15 14:27:54 | 001,756,912 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe -- (Symantec AntiVirus)

SRV - [2005/11/15 14:27:44 | 000,020,208 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe -- (DefWatch)

SRV - [2005/11/11 02:33:00 | 000,073,782 | ---- | M] () [Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe -- (IBMPMSVC)

SRV - [2005/10/19 18:39:34 | 000,214,672 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe -- (SNDSrvc)

SRV - [2005/10/04 13:42:50 | 000,177,776 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe -- (ccSetMgr)

SRV - [2005/10/04 13:42:48 | 000,083,568 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe -- (ccPwdSvc)

SRV - [2005/10/04 13:42:42 | 000,185,968 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe -- (ccEvtMgr)

SRV - [2005/09/15 11:52:38 | 000,163,840 | ---- | M] (Broadcom Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe -- (btwdins)

SRV - [2005/09/06 04:08:00 | 000,081,920 | ---- | M] (Lenovo) [Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\QCONSVC.EXE -- (QCONSVC)

SRV - [2005/08/02 20:12:44 | 000,077,824 | ---- | M] () [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Scheduler\tvtsched.exe -- (TVT Scheduler)

SRV - [2005/08/02 20:02:20 | 001,372,160 | ---- | M] () [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Rescue and Recovery\rrservice.exe -- (TVT Backup Service)

SRV - [2005/08/02 19:17:30 | 000,722,480 | ---- | M] (IBM) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Client Security Solution\ibmtcsd.exe -- (TSSCoreService)

SRV - [2005/07/23 03:43:20 | 000,372,809 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation ) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe -- (S24EventMonitor)

SRV - [2005/07/23 03:41:22 | 000,086,016 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe -- (EvtEng)

SRV - [2005/07/23 03:40:08 | 000,139,264 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe -- (RegSrvc)

SRV - [2005/07/12 10:40:08 | 000,040,551 | ---- | M] (UPEK Inc.) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe -- (vtserver)

SRV - [2005/06/06 22:26:22 | 000,032,768 | ---- | M] () [Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSvc.exe -- (TpKmpSVC)

SRV - [2005/06/06 16:03:00 | 000,077,824 | ---- | M] (Lenovo.) [Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPHDEXLG.exe -- (TPHDEXLGSVC)

SRV - [2005/03/30 22:48:22 | 000,992,864 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe -- (SPBBCSvc)

SRV - [2002/12/17 21:23:30 | 000,311,872 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) [On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM\Binn\sqlagent.EXE -- (SQLAgent$MICROSOFTBCM)

SRV - [2002/09/20 15:50:10 | 000,045,056 | ---- | M] (Analog Devices, Inc.) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe -- (SoundMAX Agent Service (default))

========== Driver Services (SafeList) ==========

DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\UIUSys.sys -- (UIUSys)

DRV - [2010/08/01 00:00:02 | 000,005,427 | ---- | M] (IBM Corporation) [Kernel | Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\EGATHDRV.SYS -- (EGATHDRV)

DRV - [2010/07/14 01:00:00 | 001,362,608 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs\20100804.002\NAVEX15.SYS -- (NAVEX15)

DRV - [2010/07/14 01:00:00 | 000,085,424 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs\20100804.002\NAVENG.SYS -- (NAVENG)

DRV - [2010/06/17 08:36:44 | 000,371,248 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\eeCtrl.sys -- (eeCtrl)

DRV - [2010/05/27 01:00:00 | 000,102,448 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys -- (EraserUtilRebootDrv)

DRV - [2007/05/03 14:37:08 | 000,022,152 | ---- | M] (Maxtor Corp.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mxopswd.sys -- (MXOPSWD)

DRV - [2006/01/17 15:40:17 | 000,016,256 | ---- | M] (Lenovo) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\psadd.sys -- (psadd)

DRV - [2005/11/11 02:33:00 | 000,010,112 | ---- | M] (Lenovo.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ibmpmdrv.sys -- (IBMPMDRV)

DRV - [2005/11/04 13:22:00 | 000,069,632 | ---- | M] (Lenovo.) [Kernel | Boot | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\shockprf.sys -- (Shockprf)

DRV - [2005/10/19 18:39:04 | 000,195,728 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\SYMTDI.SYS -- (SYMTDI)

DRV - [2005/10/19 18:38:58 | 000,024,720 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\SYMREDRV.SYS -- (SYMREDRV)

DRV - [2005/10/18 17:53:24 | 000,998,656 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems, Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\HSF_DPV.sys -- (HSF_DPV)

DRV - [2005/10/18 17:52:38 | 000,242,304 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems, Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\HSFHWICH.sys -- (HSFHWICH)

DRV - [2005/10/18 17:52:30 | 000,721,280 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems, Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\HSF_CNXT.sys -- (winachsf)

DRV - [2005/10/05 00:01:14 | 001,273,856 | ---- | M] (ATI Technologies Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ati2mtag.sys -- (ati2mtag)

DRV - [2005/09/17 01:20:06 | 000,108,168 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVENT.SYS -- (SymEvent)

DRV - [2005/09/15 14:53:10 | 000,177,664 | ---- | M] (Synaptics, Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SynTP.sys -- (SynTP)

DRV - [2005/09/15 11:41:24 | 000,017,408 | ---- | M] (Broadcom Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\btaudio.sys -- (btaudio)

DRV - [2005/09/15 11:38:34 | 001,241,818 | ---- | M] (Broadcom Corporation) [Kernel | Boot | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\btkrnl.sys -- (BTKRNL)

DRV - [2005/09/15 11:37:56 | 000,148,040 | ---- | M] (Broadcom Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\btwdndis.sys -- (BTWDNDIS)

DRV - [2005/09/15 11:35:14 | 000,030,299 | ---- | M] (Broadcom Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\btport.sys -- (BTDriver)

DRV - [2005/09/15 11:34:30 | 000,055,288 | ---- | M] (Broadcom Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\btwusb.sys -- (BTWUSB)

DRV - [2005/09/06 04:08:00 | 000,012,288 | ---- | M] (IBM Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\qcndisif.sys -- (QCNDISIF)

DRV - [2005/09/06 04:08:00 | 000,011,520 | ---- | M] (IBM Corp.) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ANC.sys -- (ANC)

DRV - [2005/09/06 04:08:00 | 000,002,432 | ---- | M] () [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\IBMBLDID.SYS -- (IBMTPCHK)

DRV - [2005/08/31 03:40:00 | 000,007,168 | ---- | M] () [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TSMAPIP.SYS -- (TSMAPIP)

DRV - [2005/08/31 02:50:00 | 000,014,848 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SMAPINT.SYS -- (Smapint)

DRV - [2005/08/31 02:50:00 | 000,009,340 | ---- | M] () [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDSMAPI.SYS -- (TDSMAPI)

DRV - [2005/08/26 15:22:50 | 000,053,896 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Savrtpel.sys -- (SAVRTPEL)

DRV - [2005/08/26 15:22:48 | 000,334,984 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\savrt.sys -- (SAVRT)

DRV - [2005/08/02 19:15:38 | 000,013,184 | ---- | M] (IBM) [Kernel | Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ibmfilter.sys -- (ibmfilter)

DRV - [2005/08/02 18:47:20 | 000,003,968 | ---- | M] (IBM Corp.) [Kernel | Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\SMI2\smi2.sys -- (smi2)

DRV - [2005/08/02 18:40:56 | 000,006,912 | ---- | M] (IBM Corp.) [Kernel | Boot | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\ANCSQ.sys -- (ANCSQ)

DRV - [2005/07/23 00:02:44 | 000,011,354 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation) [Kernel | Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\s24trans.sys -- (s24trans)

DRV - [2005/07/19 22:14:02 | 003,289,088 | ---- | M] (Intel

GMER - I ran it with everything, but it was successful this time...

GMER 1.0.15.15281 - http://www.gmer.net

Rootkit scan 2010-08-04 15:27:42

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Running: kgnbhtcl.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\Carrie\LOCALS~1\Temp\agrirpog.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT 82ED7CC8 ZwConnectPort

SSDT \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVENT.SYS (Symantec Event Library/Symantec Corporation) ZwDeleteValueKey [0xF3632DC0]

SSDT 82D72758 ZwDuplicateObject

SSDT 82D5CD80 ZwOpenProcess

SSDT 82D667D8 ZwOpenThread

SSDT \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVENT.SYS (Symantec Event Library/Symantec Corporation) ZwSetValueKey [0xF3633020]

---- Kernel IAT/EAT - GMER 1.0.15 ----

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [F8AEC7AC] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [F8AEC86E] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [F8AEC86E] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [F8AEC7AC] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [F8AEC7AC] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [F8AEC86E] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [F8AEC86E] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [F8AEC7AC] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [F8AEC86E] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [F8AEC7AC] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [F8AEC86E] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\irda.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [F8AEC86E] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\irda.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [F8AEC7AC] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [F8AEC86E] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [F8AEC7AC] ANCSQ.sys (IBM Rescue and Recovery- ANCSQ/IBM Corp.)

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs SYMEVENT.SYS (Symantec Event Library/Symantec Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Ip SYMTDI.SYS (Network Dispatch Driver/Symantec Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass0 TPInput.sys (ThinkPad SATA Power Management Driver/Lenovo, Ltd. and IBM Corporation.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass0 SynTP.sys (Synaptics Touchpad Driver/Synaptics, Inc.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass1 TPInput.sys (ThinkPad SATA Power Management Driver/Lenovo, Ltd. and IBM Corporation.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass1 SynTP.sys (Synaptics Touchpad Driver/Synaptics, Inc.)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Tcp SYMTDI.SYS (Network Dispatch Driver/Symantec Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Udp SYMTDI.SYS (Network Dispatch Driver/Symantec Corporation)

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\RawIp SYMTDI.SYS (Network Dispatch Driver/Symantec Corporation)

Device mrxsmb.sys (Windows NT SMB Minirdr/Microsoft Corporation)

Device EF46FC8A

AttachedDevice fltMgr.sys (Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager/Microsoft Corporation)

AttachedDevice fltMgr.sys (Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager/Microsoft Corporation)

AttachedDevice SYMEVENT.SYS (Symantec Event Library/Symantec Corporation)

Device \FileSystem\Fs_Rec \FileSystem\UdfsCdRomRecognizer tfsnifs.sys (Drive Letter Access Component/Sonic Solutions)

Device \FileSystem\Fs_Rec \FileSystem\FatCdRomRecognizer tfsnifs.sys (Drive Letter Access Component/Sonic Solutions)

Device \FileSystem\Fs_Rec \FileSystem\CdfsRecognizer tfsnifs.sys (Drive Letter Access Component/Sonic Solutions)

Device \FileSystem\Fs_Rec \FileSystem\FatDiskRecognizer tfsnifs.sys (Drive Letter Access Component/Sonic Solutions)

Device \FileSystem\Fs_Rec \FileSystem\UdfsDiskRecognizer tfsnifs.sys (Drive Letter Access Component/Sonic Solutions)

Device \FileSystem\Cdfs \Cdfs tfsnifs.sys (Drive Letter Access Component/Sonic Solutions)

---- Disk sectors - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Disk \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 sector 05: copy of MBR

---- Files - GMER 1.0.15 ----

File C:\rrubackups\bt0.dat 32256 bytes

The file was too large to load... below this line, everything was rrubackups. Do you need those? After that, it was EOF.

Thank you!

Hello, lets first start fixing things and then I'll give you some prevention advice. :rolleyes:

COMBOFIX

---------------

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Bleepingcomputer
ForoSpyware

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
  • Double click on Combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, or if you are running Vista, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Query_RC.gif

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

RC_successful.gif

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Good morning! I downloaded ComboFix from BleepingComputer, and when I ran it, I got the following notices:

Error - Win32 only

Incompatible OK. Combofix only works for workstations with Windows 2000 and XP.

I'm XP - so I don't understand. My only option is to "OK" this window, which I haven't done yet.

Second window was:

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE (10-08-04.05)

http://www.combofixdownload.biz

http://www.combofix.org

http.//combofixdownload.com

If you have purchased anything from them, I suggest you instruct your financiers to cancel the transaction.

A guide on proper ComboFix usage may be found at:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/etc...

My options are "yes" or "no"

Hi, after I "OK'd" those popups, it kept running. It did ask if I was a Home XP user (I'm not), so maybe that was the issue. It kept running, downloaded the Microsoft file, and then restarted. When it restarted, my Yahoo Messenger and Symantec restarted as well, enabled. So I closed those while it was preparing the log file.

FYI, during the process, one window popped up for a bit:

Catchme cffxe.dll (I think that was it)

Then the log preparing window was titled "ComboFix - Find 3M"

Then it produced the following log:

ComboFix 10-08-04.05 - Carrie 08/05/2010 10:30:42.1.1 - x86

Running from: c:\documents and settings\Carrie\Desktop\ComboFix.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Setup Wizard

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Setup Wizard\SetupWizard.lnk

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Setup Wizard\Uninstall Setup Wizard.lnk

c:\windows\Downloaded Program Files\f3initialsetup1.0.0.15.inf

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2010-07-05 to 2010-08-05 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-08-03 23:25 . 2010-08-03 23:25 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Carrie\Application Data\Malwarebytes

2010-08-03 23:25 . 2010-08-03 23:25 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-08-05 17:59 . 2006-01-17 23:38 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Symantec AntiVirus

2010-08-05 16:05 . 2010-07-29 00:37 27591840 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\yahoo!\YUpdater\msgup1000_1270_us_u2.exe

2010-08-04 16:54 . 2009-11-04 18:06 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Skype

2010-08-03 23:25 . 2010-08-03 23:25 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

2010-08-03 20:56 . 2010-08-03 20:56 664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3d9caps.dat

2010-08-02 20:08 . 2010-07-12 15:55 452104 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Carrie\Application Data\Real\Update\setup3.12\setup.exe

2010-08-01 07:00 . 2005-04-27 17:16 5427 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\EGATHDRV.SYS

2010-07-31 22:16 . 2007-07-03 16:32 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple

2010-07-02 01:01 . 2010-04-17 03:20 439816 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Carrie\Application Data\Real\Update\setup3.10\setup.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"swg"="c:\program files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2008-04-11 68856]

"Messenger (Yahoo!)"="c:\program files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" [2009-05-13 4351216]

"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 15360]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"SynTPLpr"="c:\program files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe" [2005-09-15 110592]

"SynTPEnh"="c:\program files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2005-09-15 512000]

"TPKMAPHELPER"="c:\program files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe" [2005-10-29 864256]

"TpShocks"="TpShocks.exe" [2005-11-07 106496]

"TPHOTKEY"="c:\progra~1\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe" [2005-08-29 94208]

"ControlCenter"="c:\program files\ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software\ctlcntr.exe" [2005-07-12 125026]

"TP4EX"="tp4ex.exe" [2005-08-24 40960]

"EZEJMNAP"="c:\progra~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe" [2005-09-01 237568]

"SoundMAXPnP"="c:\program files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe" [2004-10-14 1388544]

"ATIPTA"="c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe" [2005-10-05 344064]

"UpdateManager"="c:\program files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" [2003-08-19 110592]

"dla"="c:\windows\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2005-03-07 122939]

"PWRMGRTR"="c:\progra~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWRMGRTR.DLL" [2005-04-14 139264]

"BLOG"="c:\progra~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatLogEx.DLL" [2005-04-14 208896]

"QCTRAY"="c:\program files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE" [2005-09-06 745472]

"QCWLICON"="c:\program files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE" [2005-09-06 86016]

"TPKBDLED"="c:\windows\system32\TpScrLk.exe" [2002-10-09 40960]

"cssauth"="c:\program files\IBM ThinkVantage\Client Security Solution\cssauth.exe" [2005-08-03 1988144]

"PDService.exe"="c:\program files\IBM ThinkVantage\SafeGuard PrivateDisk\pdservice.exe" [2005-07-07 49152]

"ccApp"="c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2005-10-04 48752]

"vptray"="c:\progra~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe" [2005-11-15 85744]

"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2006-02-01 180269]

"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2009-11-11 417792]

"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2009-11-13 141600]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

Digital Line Detect.lnk - c:\program files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe [2006-1-17 24576]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\psfus]

2005-07-12 17:45 109664 ------w- c:\program files\ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software\psfus.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\QConGina]

2005-09-06 11:08 262144 ------w- c:\windows\system32\QConGina.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\tpfnf2]

2005-07-06 07:45 28672 ------w- c:\windows\system32\notifyf2.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\tphotkey]

2005-06-17 06:23 24576 ------w- c:\windows\system32\tphklock.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]

"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=

"c:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe"=

"c:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"=

"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=

"c:\\Program Files\\X-PRO Vonage\\X-PRO-Vonage.exe"=

"c:\documents and settings\Carrie\Application Data\Facebook\facebook.exe"= c:\documents and settings\Carrie\Application Data\Facebook\facebook.exe:127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255:Enabled:Facebook

"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=

"c:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=

"c:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe"=

R0 ANCSQ;ANCSQ;c:\windows\system32\drivers\ANCSQ.sys [8/2/2005 6:40 PM 6912]

R0 TPDiskPM;TPDiskPM;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TPDiskPM.sys [1/11/2006 3:10 AM 14720]

R2 PrivateDisk;PrivateDisk;c:\program files\IBM ThinkVantage\SafeGuard PrivateDisk\privatediskm.sys [6/28/2005 9:26 AM 46142]

R2 smi2;smi2;c:\program files\SMI2\smi2.sys [8/2/2005 6:47 PM 3968]

R2 SmiHlp;SMI helper driver;c:\program files\ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software\smihlp.sys [7/12/2005 10:37 AM 3328]

R3 EraserUtilRebootDrv;EraserUtilRebootDrv;c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys [6/1/2010 8:03 PM 102448]

R3 TPInput;TPInput;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TPInput.sys [1/11/2006 3:10 AM 6400]

R3 TPM11;NSC Integrated Trusted Platform Module 1.1;c:\windows\system32\drivers\nsctpm11.sys [1/1/1980 1:00 AM 14336]

S3 QCNDISIF;QCNDISIF;c:\windows\system32\drivers\qcndisif.sys [1/11/2006 3:42 AM 12288]

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2010-07-31 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job

- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2007-08-29 19:34]

2010-08-05 c:\windows\Tasks\PMTask.job

- c:\progra~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWMIDTSK.EXE [2006-01-11 09:01]

------- Supplementary Scan -------

uSearch Page = hxxp://www.google.com

uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei=utf-8&fr=b1ie7

uSearch Bar = hxxp://www.google.com/ie

mDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie

uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie

uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s

mSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie

IE: &Yahoo! Search - file:///c:\program files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm

IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

IE: Send To &Bluetooth - c:\program files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm

IE: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///c:\program files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm

IE: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///c:\program files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm

IE: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///c:\program files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm

DPF: Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file:///C:/WINDOWS/Java/classes/xmldso.cab

DPF: {CCA0B877-CB5E-4ADC-AD30-457C379512DD} - hxxp://192.168.1.20/xplugLiteTW.cab

DPF: {DA25EE3A-530B-4494-AA8A-AA52557E37B6} - hxxp://www.linkedin.com/cab/LinkedInSignatureControl.cab

DPF: {EF6E7E56-9229-4C73-AAD0-15316405DB95} - hxxp://preview.carrie.photosite.com/~site/UploadBox/UploadBox_live.cab

- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKCU-Run-updateMgr - c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe

Notify-dimsntfy - (no file)

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net

Rootkit scan 2010-08-05 11:07

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully

hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(1016)

c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.dll

c:\program files\ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software\psfus.dll

c:\program files\Common Files\Virtual Token\psutil.dll

c:\windows\system32\tphklock.dll

c:\program files\Common Files\Virtual Token\Remote.dll

c:\program files\Common Files\Virtual Token\passport.dll

- - - - - - - > 'explorer.exe'(1644)

c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll

c:\windows\system32\btncopy.dll

c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceTypes.dll

c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceApi.dll

------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------

c:\program files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe

c:\windows\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe

c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

c:\program files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe

c:\program files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

c:\program files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

c:\program files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe

c:\program files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe

c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM\Binn\sqlservr.exe

c:\windows\System32\QCONSVC.EXE

c:\program files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe

c:\program files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

c:\program files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

c:\windows\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE

c:\windows\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe

c:\program files\IBM ThinkVantage\Client Security Solution\ibmtcsd.exe

c:\program files\IBM ThinkVantage\Rescue and Recovery\rrservice.exe

c:\program files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Scheduler\tvtsched.exe

c:\program files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe

c:\program files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Logger\logmon.exe

c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

c:\windows\system32\TpShocks.exe

c:\program files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe

c:\program files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY_1\TpScrex.exe

c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe

c:\progra~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe

c:\program files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

c:\windows\system32\wscntfy.exe

Completion time: 2010-08-05 11:24:10 - machine was rebooted

ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2010-08-05 18:24

Pre-Run: 2,418,294,784 bytes free

Post-Run: 2,974,666,752 bytes free

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe

[boot loader]

timeout=2

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

c:\cmdcons\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

- - End Of File - - AE21C9515FD3D78E8DB74E999F46ECEE

Well done. :)

How are things running now? What problems do you still have left?

MALWAREBYTES ANTIMALWARE

-------------------------------------------

Please launch MBAM and update the program before performing a scan.

• If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.

On the Scanner tab:

• Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

Back at the main Scanner screen:

• Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Looks good. Should I reinstall IE and see what happens?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4395

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

8/5/2010 2:04:36 PM

mbam-log-2010-08-05 (14-04-36).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)

Objects scanned: 216384

Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 39 minute(s), 7 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Yes, please do that and see for a bit how everything works.

Next its very important you update your XP installation to Service Pack 3, since Service Pack 2 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

UPDATE XP

--------------

Your Microsoft Windows installation is out of date. Using unpatched Windows systems on the Internet is a security risk to everyone. When there are insecure computers connected to the Internet, malware spreads faster and more extensively, distributed denial-of-service attacks are easier to launch, and spammers have more platforms from which to send e-mail. Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch for it. After the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your computer. Keeping up-to-date with all these security patches will help prevent malware from reinfecting your machine. If you are not sure how to do this, see How to use Microsoft Update.

For additional information, be sure to read "Windows Xp Service Pack 3 (sp3) Information".

Then go here to check for & install updates to Microsoft applications.

Note: The update process uses ActiveX, so you will need to use Internet Explorer for it, and allow the ActiveX control that it wants to install.

Please reboot and repeat the update process until there are no more updates to install.

ESET ONLINE SCANNER

----------------------------

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  2. Click the esetOnline.png button.
  3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

1. Click on esetSmartInstall.png to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on the esetSmartInstallDesktopIcon.png icon on your desktop.

3. Check esetAcceptTerms.png
    4. Click the esetStart.png button.
    5. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
    6. Check esetScanArchives.png
    7. Push the Start button.
    8. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    9. When the scan completes, push esetListThreats.png
    10. Push esetExport.png, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
      Note - when ESET doesn't find any threats, no report will be created.
    11. Push the esetBack.png button.
    12. Push esetFinish.png

Hi,

Thanks, I'll do that - Service Pack 3. I had it online, but I had to uninstall that to get IE7 off my computer. I'll reinstall both, and then the ESET process.

Should I try getting to www.malwarebytes.com through there? That was my first clue that I was infected, when it was blocked.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!