I'm not sure what we have here

Now I've spent the better part of two days cleaning the Antivir off my machine with the help of MBAM tech support, the best tech support I've seen bar none.

This enormously agressive rogue protects itself by preventing any other progrm from running and will even attempt to stop an operator from turning off a computer.

Now on another forum on this site there is a declaration that if you have the full version of MalwareBytes the on line protection will block this piece of bull excrement. Twice I was infected while on a Yahoo discussion board. No warning, suddenly antivir is running a supposed scan and filling my screne with threat messages. I have a full version, little M in my tray and everything.No help there!

What chaps my lips is that I can find no date when my subscription runs out. So I don't know if that section of MBAM is non functioinal and just appears to be so.

Certainly tech support had no answers .

I'm affraid to go to Yahoo. I'm afraid to go anywhere except this site. I don't even trust my service povider and their much vaunted Norton.

Sorry to hear that you got infected.....

Some things to mention.....

Glad to hear you are getting help from the MBAM support staff, and you are right they are GREAT!

Malware is always changing so its hard to be fully protected 100% of the time.

As for an expiration date, there is none, if you paid for the full version, it is a lifetime license, it never expires. What version of Malwarebytes did you have installed, and was it up to date?

You have to make sure that Malwarebytes is up to date, have the latest version installed, and that you have the scheduler configured correctly so that updates happen regularly, and a scan done daily. Also you have to make sure you have the web blocker enabled.

It is also important that you have up to date anti-virus software installed, as Malwarebytes is not an anti-virus program, it is meant to work hand in hand with your anti-virus software.

hope that helps and/or answers your questions or concerns.....

SOME answers

Sorry to hear that you got infected.....

Some things to mention.....

Glad to hear you are getting help from the MBAM support staff, and you are right they are GREAT!

Malware is always changing so its hard to be fully protected 100% of the time.

As for an expiration date, there is none, if you paid for the full version, it is a lifetime license, it never expires. What version of Malwarebytes did you have installed, and was it up to date?I have version 1.46 with the database version 4385.

You have to make sure that Malwarebytes is up to date, have the latest version installed, and that you have the scheduler configured correctly so that updates happen regularly, and a scan done daily. I update the instant I go on line in the morning; then I update AVG. Also you have to make sure you have the web blocker enabled. The blocker is supposed to be enabled it has a check in the box but is greyed out. I've asked babout this several times and they (tech support) have always told me it is enabled.

It is also important that you have up to date anti-virus software installed, as Malwarebytes is not an anti-virus program, it is meant to work hand in hand with your anti-virus software. My AVG is paid up and updated every morning. I think AVG is the only Antivirus that still allows you to update over dial up.

hope that helps and/or answers your questions or concerns.....

What version of Malwarebytes did you have installed, and was it up to date?

You have to make sure that Malwarebytes is up to date, have the latest version installed, and that you have the scheduler configured correctly so that updates happen regularly, and a scan done daily. Also you have to make sure you have the web blocker enabled.

It is also important that you have up to date anti-virus software installed, as Malwarebytes is not an anti-virus program, it is meant to work hand in hand with your anti-virus software.

I have Version 1.46 data base 4385.

When I get on line in the morning (dial up) before I check the email I update Malware Bytes and AVG. Scans are done at 11 AM znd 12 Noon respectively.

The protection section has the blocker enabled box checked but greyed out. I've asked about this several times and been told that it is enabled. All the other boxes are checked.

I use AVG becasuse it allow you to use dial up to update. It's paid up for now.

And this doesn't work like other forums I've been on sorry about the double post.