Windows live messenger issue

Hi guys,

Been having trouble with Windows Live messenger lately on my XP 32 bit and my window 7 32 bit home edition computers. Everytime I try to star tthe program, i get a message saying something like "Windows live messenger has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown. Sorry for the incoveinence" and it gives me an option to send an error report or not. I have tried doing a system restore, messenger started working agian but in less than a hour, the same problem occurs again. I also tried unistalling and installing it but I still get the same error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi -

Have you updated your Malwarebytes and run a Full Scan update is Version 4373 - Also make sure your Antivirus is fully updated and active -

I did read an issue with Windows messenger but I can not locate it at this time - It basically said as above to protect yourself -

Thank You -

I ran a full scan and MBAM didn't find anything.

I went to that link but i couldn't find the folder C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\. I don't have the contacts folder.

I did however ran window live messenger deep clean and then reinstalled the messenger and now can start the program but I can't sign in. I get an error code: 8007007e :)

Hi -

Note :These results all relate to the 8007007e error code you posted -

Although this item was first picked from the Vista Forum , it lists the same fix for other Operating Systems -

1. Run "sfc /scannow" and restart the computer;

2. Uninstall WLM9 with ZapMessenger;

3. Download and install Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for vista; (optional I think if you use the Zap Messenger tool)

4. Run the utility, select all items concerning Windows Live and remove them;

5. Run WLM9 installer again.

Thank You -

EDIT -

This Item Is similar and also from M/soft about the Live Messenger issue -