Cannot update MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007, 0, WinHttpSendRequest)

My brother's computer was infected with something. In his notes I did find this file name mschrt20ex.dll if that helps.

It was infected for a few days before McAfee fixed it. The virus would show in the antivirus scan, but McAfee could not fix it. According to my brother, McAfee was eventually able to fix the problem. Everything seemed to be working except for the icons on desktop. Nothing would open with the shortcut icons. Word, Excel, Kodak Easyshare would not open by clicking on the icons. It would ask what program to use to open it.

However, they could go to a word document in windows explorer, double click on it and it would open with Microsoft Word.

I installed malwarebytes and let it run. My brother called to tell me it found some things and fixed them. He rebooted the computer and everything seems to work fine now, except Malwarebytes will not update. He can click on the shortcuts on his desktop and they open without any problems. However, when he tries to Update Malwarebytes, he receives the error:

MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007, 0, WinHttpSendRequest)

The operating system is Vista.

McAfee is updating without any problems.

He would like to keep using Malwarebytes. How do we get it to update ?

Thanks, Nancy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!