Alert ONLY when program starts, NEVER during a scan

Nunzio

Your instructions to post on this forum are to run a scan in developer mode (mbam.exe /developer) and post the log here but that doesn't seem on target as I'm getting an Alert ONLY when a program starts (AddressGrabber) but NEVER on that same file during a scan.

I'd like to add the offending file to the Ignore List but I can't find an instruction on how to do that unless MWB detects the file during a scan.

The file: 09:02:16 Administrator DETECTION C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AddressGrabber Standard 2009\transfer_369.log Extension.Mismatch ALLOW

I don't know if it's of any value but attached is a screen shot of the alert.

Help?

MAM_Alert_on_AddressGrabber.pdf

Sorry, I mistyped that.

MWB would alert on a necessary file within AddressGrabber whenever I would load AddressGrabber for use. It alerted on the file, NOT as a virus, but rather as an "Extension Mismatch" which was preventing the AddressGrabber from loading. Clicking the "Ignore" button on the MWB alert screen (previously attached) would only ignore the file for that load. Under that condition there is no way within MWB (that I could find) to add the file permanently to the Ignore List.

Once I did a full scan and MWB alerted on the file during the scan, I could then permanently add the file to the Ignore List.

From the log file:

09:02:16 Administrator DETECTION C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AddressGrabber Standard 2009\transfer_369.log Extension.Mismatch ALLOW

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem as Nunzio, it was a false positive. Address Grabber customer support walked me through adding the two folders to the ignore list. You add the ProgramFiles/eGrabber/AddressGraber2012 and ProgramData/AddressGraber2012 folders to the ignore list. Then run a new scan with MWB and the transfer_369.log will be found and add that to the ignore list.

I am running Windows 7 Pro so the locations may be different on older OS.