Please tell me I'm doing the right thing,

Ana

I ran AVG, Adaware, and Spybot.. and I still have a problem with my internet explorer on my laptop..

(I use Firefox all the time but my hotmails always open with Internet explorer when I open my mails with MSN, and I don't know how to change it.. cause I woudn't mind removing Explorer completely)

I have those banners about some quiz and pop ups telling me my computer is at risk and that I need to scan it RIGHT NOW!..

I was told to download and install your program.. and it detected trojans that the other programs didn't.. yay!!

But, since I know nothing about computers, I don't know if what I'm about to remove is the right thing..

I was told to never play with the registry key.. and now that they ask me to delete one.. I don't want my laptop to die because I woudn't know what to do..

If anyone could look at the log and tell me that it's safe that I delete those things, I'll do it..

(Not that I don't trust your program, if it tells me that its bad and I need to delete it, I will, but the registry key thing scare me..)

The only thing I know about my laptop is how to open it and that's about it hah

Thanks for your help kind and helpful people ;)

Ana

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.24

Database version: 1061

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

4:35:15 PM 17/08/2008

mbam-log-8-17-2008 (16-35-12).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)

Objects scanned: 115039

Time elapsed: 55 minute(s), 35 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 1

Registry Keys Infected: 1

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c0011BF1.dat (Trojan.Zlob) -> No action taken.

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\__c0011bf1 (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c0011BF1.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\Documents and Settings\Ana\Local Settings\Temp\bnl5.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.