I am posting this for my cousin who is very computer illiterate. He told me his PC was having a lot of issues and he had no antivirus or any other defense on it. He has a free subscription to Norton through Comcast so I told him to install that and to also install Malwarebytes as my PC runs both and does great. I was not there when he installed it but this is what he is telling me. When he installed Malwarebytes, it said Malwarebytes during the install, but after it was done installing it says Sammsoft Registry Cleaner. I have a feeling he got hosed by some malicious program on his computer because he said he got two $30.00 charges to his credit card. Just wondering if Sammsoft is in any way related to your company, and if not, are other users having this same issue? Is thyis company fraudulant and if so, is there any way he can get his money back?

Thnaks for your time

Jeremy

Hello and :)

Sounds like he clicked on a sponsored link...... tell him to only download malwarebytes and install that. He will have to uninstall that Sammsoft software as well...

Here are the download links for you, if you like download it for him and put it on a flash drive or cd for him....

Direct Download FROM HERE

Or you can use THIS LINK from cnet download should work okay until or unless they change it.

Note: Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which is prominently displayed, they are ads and we do not have any association with them.

Save the file to your desktop then double-click it to begin installation.

Hello and :)

Sounds like he clicked on a sponsored link...... tell him to only download malwarebytes and install that. He will have to uninstall that Sammsoft software as well...

Here are the download links for you, if you like download it for him and put it on a flash drive or cd for him....

Direct Download FROM HERE

Or you can use THIS LINK from cnet download should work okay until or unless they change it.

Note: Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which is prominently displayed, they are ads and we do not have any association with them.

Save the file to your desktop then double-click it to begin installation.

Thanks for your help and the quick response.

• 1 year later...

My first try at downloading free Malwarebytes switched me to cNET; the download button that followed asked that I RUN Sammsoft ARE, so I cancelled. Next, following a link povided here I requested the free download but this time the new page came under cNET and the request was that I RUN unde cNET...

Shouldn't the program be run under Malwarebytes? Please advise. Thanks.

What was the name of the file being downloaded?

I just used the download link from our website, which also directed me to CNET as it did for you, and the download button on the CNET page provided me with the file mbam-setup-1.61.0.1400.exe. If that is not the file that you downloaded, then it is not Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.