Internet not working, Chrome crashing -all after using MalwareBytes

Hey guys,

So last night I was hit by the Internet Security 2010 virus. I read around a bit and found that MalwareBytes was the way to go. I did a scan, fixed all the problems. Problem solved, so I thought. I was now able to open programs again, etc..

Now, after a restart, my internet is not working. My wireless claims to be connected, but is only sending packets (not receiving any). Google Chrome also does not open.

I saw a few others having similar problems, and tried what they were told to do below:

Hello,

You may want to try this -

(The first part can also be done in > Control Panel > Internet Options only if you can not open I.E.) -

STEP 01 - For XP

Open Internet Explorer

Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

Click on the Connections tab

Click on the LAN settings button

Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

Use this diagram as a guide

Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 02

STEP 02

Disable Internet Explorer Proxy Settings and Reset TCP/IP

It is very important that these steps be carried out exactly as shown otherwise the fix will not work.

If you have any questions please ask before moving on.

Please start Notepad and using your mouse make sure you select and copy all the information below in the Code box into your new document.

Then save the file as "fixme.bat" to your Desktop - The .bat extension is important

In the drop down box for Save as type: make sure you select All Files (*.*) and keep the quotes on the name as well. Then close the new file.

CODE

@ECHO OFF

reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyServer /f

reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyOverride /f

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

On Windows XP you can double-click the file to run it.

On Vista/Win7 you need to Right click the file and choose Run as administrator to run it. With User Account Control on it should ask permission to run it. Click Yes

This will flash a black DOS box very quickly and go away, this is normal.

Restart your computer now.

Launch Internet Explorer and see if you can connect to the Internet.

Launch MBAM and check for Updates

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks,

thedon23

Hello thedon23, :)

Let's have a qualified expert helper to check your system (it's free, so don't worry about money :)) to see if there's someting malware has changed that MBAM did not detect -

As we don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in this forum, please read carefully and follow the directions below.

• If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet, then you should not post a new topic here and stay working with the helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Please print out, read, and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • Then post a NEW topic here, remember to describe your problem along with the necessary logs (MBAM ,DDS, GMER) in that topic. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • After posting your new topic, make sure under options (top right of your topic screen), you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options (prefer Immediate Email Notification) so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • Please be patient when waiting for an expert help as the expert helpers can get a bit busy.
  • Please try not to post back (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours. Expert helpers will find the topics which has a zero post count first. If you bump your topic, expert helpers may think the topic is replied and jump to other posts.
    If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply the topic for asking help again or send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.
  • Please do not alter the system (eg install or uninstall any software, conduct some fixes, use any removal/scanning tool) after posting unless it is told by the expert helper. Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via here for a prioritized support. Please remember to quote your cleverbridge Reference Number from the confirmation e-mail when requesting assistance.

If you're a Corporate or Technician Licensed customer seeking assistance please send an email to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org. Please quote your order reference number when you send the request.

NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run any tools in safe mode, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

Thank You :)

PS Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button at bottom of forum window instead of other ones when you start replying. :)