Security Tool - Windows 7 - Malwarebytes won't run

It appears my HTPC has been infected with "security tool", I have attempted to follow the bleeping computer self guide for removal but am running into problems.

First, Malwarebytes wouldn't install in normal mode - so I switched over to safe mode & installed. It located 2 items that I removed. Upon reboot in normal mode I am still infected with security tool. I am not able to get any .exe file to run. I have tried renaming the extension as suggested & renaming the file name - both were unsuccessful.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Brandon

Hello Brandon! Welcome to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forums!

My name is Borislav and I will be glad to help you solve your problems with malware. Before we begin, please note the following:

• The process of cleaning your system may take some time, so please be patient.
  • Follow my instructions step by step if there is a problem somewhere, stop and tell me.
  • Stay with the thread until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • If you don't know or can't understand something please ask.
  • Do not install or uninstall any software or hardware, while work on.
  • Keep me informed about any changes.

Please follow these instructions and post all logs if you can:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=9573

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!