Jump to content

Unable to update MBAM

Recommended Posts

I was instructed to post my logs here. I don't really think I'm infected, though. Everything is working smoothly other than the fact that I cannot use MBAM. It works fine out of an installer, and even the manual updates, but once I try using the automatic update application, it is unable to start the program again. It appears to download OK as it reaches 100% before giving the error: An error has occured. Please report this error code to our support team. MBAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE(0, 5)

And then the application closes. Attempting to reopen gives the same error. I've tried deleting rules.ref and using the MBAM-clean tool already (which is why I was directed here).

Here's my logs.


Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46


Database version: 4052

Windows 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

7/24/2010 12:02:30 PM

mbam-log-2010-07-24 (12-02-30).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 115043

Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 19 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

DDS could not be run. It does not support my OS (Windows XP 64).


GMER - http://www.gmer.net

Rootkit scan 2010-07-24 12:19:07

Windows 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2

Running: s2u7gzlx.exe

---- Registry - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC@p0 C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC@h0 0

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC@hdf12 0x16 0x63 0xA3 0x1D ...

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001@a0 0x20 0x01 0x00 0x00 ...

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001@hdf12 0x78 0x65 0xC3 0xD4 ...

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001\gdq0

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001\gdq0@hdf12 0x08 0xC3 0x5A 0x0C ...

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC (not active ControlSet)

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC@p0 C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC@h0 0

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC@hdf12 0x16 0x63 0xA3 0x1D ...

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001 (not active ControlSet)

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001@a0 0x20 0x01 0x00 0x00 ...

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001@hdf12 0x78 0x65 0xC3 0xD4 ...

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001\gdq0 (not active ControlSet)

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC\00000001\gdq0@hdf12 0x08 0xC3 0x5A 0x0C ...

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

I've also used HijackThis before (I've uninstalled it since then), but it has also turned up nothing suspicious.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

My apologies for the extended delay. Do you still need help?

Yes, I continue to have problems with this. I'm really beginning to think it's just an issue with Malwarebytes on Windows XP 64. Another user had reported the exact same issue I'm having and he is also running XP 64.

If I continue to delete rules.ref and redownload the update, it will eventually work. This is *very* time consuming (as well as wasting plenty of your bandwidth), and often takes 50 or more attempts.

I have attached a copy of my (apparently broken) rules.ref file. Perhaps it can be checked to see if it really is corrupted, or if this is a problem with the loader.


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.