Scanning my computer with malwarebytes

• Staff

This setting is actually something which was changed by another piece of software likely a registry tool and is only detected because of that. This isn't really a false positive in malwarebytes. Malwarebytes sees and reports that the association for these files are not the default ones as set by Windows (since malware may alter these associations as well). When you select to remove in mbam, mbam restores it to the default associations again (as set by Windows).

You can either add it to your ignore list or allow it to be quarantined. There will be no negative affect on your system either way.

Moving out of false\positives forum

This setting is actually something which was changed by another piece of software likely a registry tool and is only detected because of that. This isn't really a false positive in malwarebytes. Malwarebytes sees and reports that the association for these files are not the default ones as set by Windows (since malware may alter these associations as well). When you select to remove in mbam, mbam restores it to the default associations again (as set by Windows).

You can either add it to your ignore list or allow it to be quarantined. There will be no negative affect on your system either way.

Moving out of false\positives forum

Thank you very much. I think I understand what you are saying. Now I have to track down the program that is changing it. My dad caught four trojans with your program on his computer. I am glad I purchased (my brother did) two licenses one for me and one for my dad (two different computers). I also love the fact that you only have to pay for it once. Well worth it. Thank you again.