Automatic Updates

Hello Forum:

Does any body knows how should I configure the antimalware tool to get it Auto Updated??? I have the full version for test and the real time protection works great, but I have to do the update manually.

Thanks..regards!!

Has there been an update to the scheduler manual. I could use some instructions on the advanced portion of this module. Specifically, I need to know whether or not the "wake computer from sleep" function will start a computer that is off or just wake a computer up from hibernation or sleep mode.

Has there been an update to the scheduler manual. I could use some instructions on the advanced portion of this module. Specifically, I need to know whether or not the "wake computer from sleep" function will start a computer that is off or just wake a computer up from hibernation or sleep mode.

This feature may not work on all computers as we can not control how the computers WOL feature works.

The only thing that will wake the computer from off is your finger on the on/off switch!

Hello and :)

How To Use The New Scheduler

Once you register your full version make sure you schedule your program for automatic updates and scans.....

Have a look at How To Use The New Scheduler

Hello,

This new schedule is different from the "Automatic" feature of previous versions. I am finding that current users of MBAM who purchased this at my direction, are finding their computer unprotected due to the fact that the automatic updates/scanning are not happening. Every install needs to be touched and updated to allow for "automatic Updates" ?

Please advise.

Every install needs to be touched and updated

@ - Heavus - This is a bit confusing ?

Once installed (on each H/Drive) there should not be any major problem -

@ - Kidd - your system is always on unless the mini battery is dead or removed - Otherwise there would be no continuing time/date operation etc -

The only thing that will wake the computer from off is your finger on the on/off switch!

Hello,

This new schedule is different from the "Automatic" feature of previous versions. I am finding that current users of MBAM who purchased this at my direction, are finding their computer unprotected due to the fact that the automatic updates/scanning are not happening. Every install needs to be touched and updated to allow for "automatic Updates" ?

Please advise.

Let see if I can explain this more clearly.

User 1 has the paid version of MBAM. It does autoscan and updates once a day on older versions. New version comes out and the update and the scan must be manually scheduled. If this is not done the software works, blocks IP addresses but does not update or scan automatically. So, every installation before the new scheduling method is not updating or scanning.

Heavus

• Staff
Let see if I can explain this more clearly.

User 1 has the paid version of MBAM. It does autoscan and updates once a day on older versions. New version comes out and the update and the scan must be manually scheduled. If this is not done the software works, blocks IP addresses but does not update or scan automatically. So, every installation before the new scheduling method is not updating or scanning.

Heavus

This issue is only happening when users update from v1.43 or lower. 1.44 introduced a new scheduler.

• 2 weeks later...
This issue is only happening when users update from v1.43 or lower. 1.44 introduced a new scheduler.

So, I have the same problem as described by the user above. I still don't understand what to do about it. Please instruct me.

Thanks.

• Staff
So, I have the same problem as described by the user above. I still don't understand what to do about it. Please instruct me.

Thanks.

Create new schedules, that's all.

Hi All -

This Scheduler instruction has been in use for the last 6 months (at least) Mar 31 2010, 03:04 PM was when GT500 posted this item , due to requests -

If you can not re set the scheduler please Un/Re install the program from these instructions -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: Now you will need to reactivate the program using the license details you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your

Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :)

NOTE - This should only take 5-7 mins for the average user -

Hi All -

This Scheduler instruction has been in use for the last 6 months (at least) Mar 31 2010, 03:04 PM was when GT500 posted this item , due to requests -

If you can not re set the scheduler please Un/Re install the program from these instructions -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

Note: Now you will need to reactivate the program using the license details you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your

Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :)

NOTE - This should only take 5-7 mins for the average user -

Thanks so much. That worked!!!