error message when updating

hi guys, today when i try to manual update, i received error message from malwarebytes updater, i really didn't know why this problem happen. i use comodo firewall but my firewall isn't blocked malwarebytes updater, so what happen to me? i use xp sp3 with avast antivirus. so can anyone help me :) should i uninstall this malwarebytes and try to install again, i afraid this problem will come back. is this because slow on internet connection? because recently my internet connection become rather slow. im sorry for my bad english.

thanx for your attention

post-46928-1279625741_thumb.jpg

Hello and :)

It could be due to your internet connection being slow, you could just try again a little later see if it works, also in the meantime please make sure to follow the instrucitons below to eliminate the possiblilty that your anti-virus or firewall is blocking it....

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.

i don't believe is our problem, there is a lot of people also in other forums having the same problems, is a mbm error.

no, i think this is not malwarebytes error, this is maybe because of slow on internet connection, recently i feel that my internet rather slow than usual, and malwarebytes update definition is also big on size (because mbm is not implementing incremental updates) so this problem can possibly occur, so if you feel that your firewall doesn't block mbm updater so maybe because of internet connection :)

I am having a simialr issue. I can gurantee it's not a slow internet connection as I am running of a dedicated DS3, verified at over 30Mbs down. It's also not a firewall issue, as I have made 0 changes to our firewall and I have been using Malwarebytes for months without issue. Also not an AV issue, I completely removed Kaspersky AV and still havet he same problem.

Solved.

We use a Cymphonix web filter to block unwanted websites. Have used it for well over a year without any issues, but apparently a new update to the .dat files has the url mbamupdates.com listed as "illegal drugs and alcohol". Don't know why, but added *.mbamupdates.com* to the global whitelist and updates are downloading with no problems.

Had to re-install the software, but all works well now.