Malwarebytes doesn't hold off automatic sleep mode

nki

I'm referring to the latest copy of the fee Malwarebytes Anti-malware software. It works really well and cleans up my computer but it has the following technical glitch. When I leave it at night to do the full scan on my Windows 7 desktop, sometimes I check it in the morning and the computer is "sleeping" (like it should normally do) but when I wake it up Malwarebytes is not finished, let alone it's not even half-done. This tells me that computer automatically goes into a sleep mode when your program is still running.

Is there any way to fix that?

THE FOLLOW UP:

=============

From a developers standpoint. If they call the following API from the main thread when the scan starts:

SetThreadExecutionState(ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED | ES_CONTINUOUS);

it will hold off the automatic sleep mode and then when the scan finishes, simply call:

SetThreadExecutionState(ES_CONTINUOUS);

and it will allow an automatic sleep mode again. This simple procedure is used by Windows itself, say, when you copy a large file and the system has to be kept alive in despite of a user's power policy preferences.

It would be really nice if you could implement it in the future version of the program.

Hello nki and :)

First, there is no need in doing a Full Scan as a Quick Scan will check the places that malware normally hides. If a Quick Scan finds anything, then a Full Scan would be in-order.

If I understand

I'm referring to the latest copy of the fee Malwarebytes Anti-malware software

You mean the "Paid" Version, it already has the function of waking from the "Sleep Function"

To access, please do the following or see the illustration

Open the Malwarebytes' program and click:

• Protection Tab
  • Scheduler
  • Check the box-Wake computer from sleep to perform task

VL6Jk.jpg

How to use the New Scheduler

Any further questions, feel free to ask and someone will assist you :)

Hello nki and :)

Thank you.

I'm referring to the latest copy of the fee Malwarebytes Anti-malware software

You mean the "Paid" Version...

No, it's a typo. It should've been free instead.

Please note that I'm not talking about scheduling my scans. Again, what I'm talking about is that my system (Windows 7) is entering an automatic sleep mode while the scan is in progress. To prevent this the developers have to add two of the code lines that I gave in my previous post. This is the accepted way of making applications under Windows OS that require a long time to complete.

More information can be found here on the Microsoft Development page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa...28VS.85%29.aspx