Should I run Immunet?

:)

I'm going back to my old pc because I can't use my new one anymore.... anyways I don't know much about cloud anti-viruses but should I also run Immunet? I am currently running BDTS2010 and MBAM pro. I think mabe one of you would say thats enough protection.... but like.... I just want more extra protection. :) I was reading about it and it says it is compatible with anti-viruses but will my pc be even slower by already running MBAM with BD?!?!?

IDK:

Just my opinion, but there is such a thing as too much protection, and the potential for conflicts.

If you are happy with BD & MBAM, I should think that is more than enough protection. I gave Immunet a trial run, and was not impressed it added anything.

The following are my recommendations for antivirus protection along with links to downloads for them (free trials for those that require a purchase so you can try them before deciding):

Note: If you decide to use one of the trial versions of one of the paid antiviruses then you will either need to purchase it or uninstall it completely and install a replacement antivirus before the trial expires so that your PC is not left unprotected.

MSE Downloads:

Definitions Installers:

Note: if installing the definitions in Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right click the definitions installer and select Run as administrator and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

• 3 weeks later...
The following are my recommendations for antivirus protection along with links to downloads for them (free trials for those that require a purchase so you can try them before deciding):

Note: If you decide to use one of the trial versions of one of the paid antiviruses then you will either need to purchase it or uninstall it completely and install a replacement antivirus before the trial expires so that your PC is not left unprotected.

kaspersky's review showed that it sucked. and i had some big problems with kaspersky... why not BitDefender or Comodo? and this topic isnt about anti-viruses, it's about immunet and anti-malwares.

MSE Downloads:

Definitions Installers:

Note: if installing the definitions in Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right click the definitions installer and select Run as administrator and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

kaspersky's review showed that it sucked. and i had some big problems with kaspersky... why not BitDefender or Comodo? and this topic isnt about anti-viruses, it's about immunet and anti-malwares.

MSE Downloads:

Definitions Installers:

Hi -

Which version of Bit Defender are you running -

I noticed they sell from around $40 (for basic version) up to about $100 (for top of the line version) -

Or are you running a trial set up -

Thanks - :)

Companion Antivirus: Immunet is compatible with existing antivirus products to help protect you better.

Add an extra, lightweight layer of protection for free.

I think you would need to try it first to see if there was any program clash -

@noknojon

Here's what it says on the site for BDTS2010.

"BitDefender Total Security 2010

BitDefender Total Security 2010 provides comprehensive proactive protection against all Internet security threats, along with system maintenance and backup, without slowing down your PCs.

$79.95 - 3 PCs / 1 year"

It's a good deal for 3 pc's TOTAL security.

I now use Immunet Protect Plus, which adds the TETRA AV/Rootkits database.

It's in fact a BitDefender engine.

And I now use MBAM on-demand only. (so I can't comment on their compatiblity, sorry)

Running under a LUA (Limited User Account) is one of the first step everyone should do.

I also added SRP (Software Restriction Policy) under my XP Pro setup.

That way I don't need tons of security software anymore to feel safe.

(oh, and I'm behind a NAT router too, but all this is in my signature...)

Hi,

@IDK, I have no idea who told you that KAV sucks, I don't use it, but my friend does, and she's been nearly hit, but nothing got through. Just to let you know, the forum at Eset can get a little tense when folks who don't belong get there. You see, that's a different kind of community. Here at MBAM, we are all MBAM users and staff talking to each other, and the MBAM crew are a host of kind, gentle people. At Eset, since they do not host their own Message board, any staff of any board can claim Eset staffership, and that's what happens a lot. So, if you decide to go the Eset route, you should call if you have an issue.

@IDKWatMyDisplayNameShoudBe

Yes, I know what the thread is originally about. I was just posting the recommendations (originally from Exile360, he has given me permission to use his canned list) in case you were interested or if anyone else who happened across this thread was interested in an AV if they either didn't have one or if they wanted to switch their AV.

As for Kaspersky, I love it personally and I think its one of the best AV products out there, and there are at least a few other active members on this board that will say the same, I guarantee it.

I personally don't like Comodo, and I will not recommend it to anyone. I don't know much about BitDefender. I can only comment on what I do know about a product.

We all have our own opinions, though. Use whatever suits you best after research and seeing what works well on your system :)

As for the list, again, it's a list that Exile360 composed (and again, gave me permission to use) that I agree are excellent choices of AV programs.

@mountaintree16

im not actually sure about comodo, because i never tried it and dont know much about it. however, i saw 2-3 reviews and it showed that comodo blocked everything. could u tell me why alot of people dont personally like comodo? and u should try BD. Its one of the best anti-viruses out there. and they also got rated the best anti-virus out there!

@IDK

The top 9 antivirus software's- tested by AV Comparatives These tests are done with hundreds of samples, not just 10 as in the reviews you are watching

• Trust Port
  • G Data
  • Kaspersky
  • Microsoft
  • Avira
  • ESET NOD32
  • F-Secure
  • BitDefender
  • eScan

NOTE: No antivirus stops threats 100% of the time, period. Thus the reason for Malwarebytes' Pro Version. The added protection that compliments any antivirus software and works well with other anti-malware software

I would vote against using cloud protection. The detection rate isn't overly good. Here's a quote from DragonMaster Jay on the matter. This was posted at the Geekpolice malware training Academy. Personally, I have done a little bit of testing on Immunet, but have to say the protection isn't really there. Malwarebytes' has proved to be more effective.

Cloud Antivirus has a few major flaws that should be revealed.

Useless with no Internet connection.

Cannot be portable, to carry with its database to a computer not connected to the Internet.

Detection is not correctly set (advanced analysis reveals missed adware and malware traces).

Still signature detection, which is slowly growing old.

Comodo has quite a few bad fans as many reports indicate they certify Digital Certificates to known malware sites. These aren't facts really, but are believed proof found via emails(spam) and other stuff. It's difficult to do a complete background check and mistakes are common.