Run-time error "7": Out of memory

Good Morning,

I am using MBAM to try and disinfect a computer and keep getting the error Run-time error "7": Out of memory (in normal and safe mode). The computer is running Windows XP Home with 256MB of RAM. Any suggestions on where to check?

Thanks!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When does this error occur?

It happens after the scan while it is removing the problems. I noted that it was happening every time it tried to quarantine the same file.

I manually deleted the file before the next scan and that solved the problem.

The file was a .log file generated by one of the Rouge spyware apps.

Cheers!

Yes, it has been fixed in the 1.25 release. This should be out in a few days.

Hi,

Just came across this forum and have encountered the same problem as the OP. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the MBAM log. THANKS!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.24

Database version: 1056

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

8:40:08 PM 8/15/2008

mbam-log-8-15-2008 (20-39-58).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 44070

Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 4

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 4

Files Infected: 18

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{04a38f6b-006f-4247-ba4c-02a139d5531c} (Adware.Minibug) -> No action taken.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{9522b3fb-7a2b-4646-8af6-36e7f593073c} (Adware.Coupons) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{87255c51-cd7d-4506-b9ad-97606daf53f3} (Adware.Coupons) -> No action taken.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTBOOT (Backdoor.Bot) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\DAP (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\DAP\LOG (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\DAP\NTLOG (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

Files Infected:

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\cygcrypt-0.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\Bewitched.2005.DVDRip.XviD-ALLiANCE.tar (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\cygwin1.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\Driver32.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\New Text Document (13).txt (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\New Text Document (2).txt (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\ntauth.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\Rebound.2005.DVDSCR.XviD-DiAMOND.tar (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\Saw.2.TS.SVCD-WUF.tar (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\schost.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\servicelogon.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\servicesmgr.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\Stay.CAM.SVCD-RIDERz.tar (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\svchostlogon.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\tar.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\v (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\win32.dll~ (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\winlogon.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

One of the files is way to large. This will be fixed in the next program version. For now, delete the entire C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER folder by hand.

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to screw up anything else, I think I know how to do this, BUT would you mind walking me through it? THANKS!

Please click the start menu. Next, click on the Run button. Copy and paste the following in.

del C:\WINDOWS\system\DRIVER\*.*

Click OK. Now, run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and remove everything it finds. Let me know how it goes.

So I have been using your software and have fixed multiple pc`s in the last wek. But this last one I was just at had 4600 infected files in the fonts folder alone. A lot of hkey etc... 5600 and change altogether. When trying to remove them I get a similar error but I think it say run time error 6 instead of 7. Should I tell the owner of the pc to delete the entire fonts folder in C windows and then run the scan? Or will the new release of malwarebytes be able to handle the huge number of infected files that this pc has?

The pc was redirecting to pages, slow etc....

Yes, it will be able to delete the files. However, it is not the fonts folder, it is a subfolder

C:\Windows\Fonts\'

Notice the apostrophe folder. That is what is holding all of the malicious files.

Is this what I put in the start/run before I click ok?

del C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\'

Can I just manually go into the C://WINDOWS/Fonts folder and delete the whole folder and then run malwarebytes?

I tried that command on my pc for hell of it, minus the del and it cant find that file on my pc says it may have been moved. But i have no infected files.

You will not see the folder, it is hidden from explorer.

Ok are you telling me to put del C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\'\*.* in the run click ok and even though the pc windows cant find del we should run the malwarebytes again because it really has actually deleted the folder?

Sorry about that, please type in CMD into run and then in the command window type that in.

Ok we typed CMD into the run and clicked ok. A black command window opened. It says C:\Documents & Settings\adam>

when we type del C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\'\*.* next to > and press enter,all that happens is C:\Documents & Settings\adam> repeats itself again