Removing EXIF data using irfanview?

chimpy

I have just gotten myself a new digi cam (low end but decent enough) and was looking into how to remove the EXIF data as this can give out too much info.

I saw somewhere that irfanview can let you remove this, but I have not seen on the site were (if you need a plug in for it or if the prog itself is enough?)

My Vista does let you "right click-propertys-remove propertys and personal data) (what ever the remove propertys means I don't know, doing this makes a copy of the picture, but im not sure if it affects the quality) so is this enough or will IV remove even more?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Removing properties with Vista won't affect the image quality, but it will not remove all possible Exif properties, not to mention other metadata types that may reside in your photos if you use photo management software, like IPTC & XMP.

irfanview is great for viewing images, but to remove Exif you'll be better off using specialized software like this free Exif remover.

• 2 years later...