"No Signal", what am I missing?

I have a low-end E-Machines Desktop (yeah, I know that's redundant :P ) that was working perfectly. I have another almost identical machine that failed. I removed the power supply from the machine in question to troubleshoot the other one. It was the power supply, so I left it in and purchased a new one for this one. Upon startup I got "No Signal" to the monitor.

I have reseated everything three-plus times: RAM, power plugs, IDE cables... I put the original power supply back in, still no signal. Tried a known good monitor, no signal. The motherboard power LED comes on, both CPU and case fan come on, hard drive clicks a little.

Is there anything I missing? What are the odds of the motherboard failing when the new power supply was put in? Want to be pretty sure what problem is before buying a new MB.

Hope that you grounded yourself before doing all this work.

Anyway, make sure all cords are plugged in correctly. If you plugged something in backwards, you could have shorted out the main board.

With all the memory out, power on the PC. Did you get any beeps?

If you are not getting any beeps what so ever with the ram in or out, then its the motherboard. With a working motherboard, if you turn it on with no ram in place the mother board should beep over and over again (3 beeps at a time) letting you know that there is no ram in the computer.